Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Basic manit questions for 30K mi 04' Touring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Basic manit questions for 30K mi 04' Touring

Hi Gents, hope these questions aren't too dumb but I'm new to the PT thing (this week) and can't dig anything definite up with the Search tool sooo..

04' PT with 2.4, auto non-turbo, Touring that has ( :-)) 31K miles on it. Looks and runs great for a 5 yr old car. In reading the owners manual it says that she's due for spark plugs already at 30K. Is this true?? My last few vehicles were good for 80-100K on plugs.
In any case, what are the best plugs for these cars??
Also, read somewhere else that I should be flushing the tranny (although the book doesn't)at 30K . Any credence to this?

I do plan on flushing the radiator this winter "just because" but wonder if there are any other maint issues I'm not aware of.
Any and all advice appreciated.
Dave
Old 27 Nov 2009, 07:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Basic manit questions for 30K mi 04' Touring

If you check my Sig below, you'll see what I installed after only 500 miles on the car. Both plugs & Plug wires, I have used MOPAR wires on our 2006 and was very pleased. 30K drain trans & replace filter, 60K machine flush using ATF4+.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 27 Nov 2009, 10:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The wires go before the plugs do - stock wires are crap - but replace both at the same time - gap the plugs at 0.040.
Good idea as noted to take care of the auto trans.
You're probably due for front barke pads, - get ceramic and say goodby to dust, and possibly you need tires.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 27 Nov 2009, 04:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks Gents, I'll put plugs, wires and tranny fluid swap on the "to do " list. Tires are new and the dealer put on new front pads and rotors at time of sale so I'm all set there.