PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
please help!! no spark on number 1 and 4 cyl.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Dec 2009, 03:40 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to coco1476
Default please help!! no spark on number 1 and 4 cyl.

I really need some help for this problem. I have a 03 pt none turbo 80 000 km automatic tranny. First the battery went dead for no reason, gave it a charge try to start it nothing on the starter, checked the fuse and it was burnt, changed it got it to start but it wasn't running on all 4 cyl. so i changed the plugs, still the same, checked for fire on the wires and number 1 and 4 nothing, changed the coil and it still the same, i swapped the relay with the horn relay and nothing changed. I did check the connection at the coil with the key to on and there is 10.70 negative volts on the two external wires and the wire in the middle has 0.22 positive volts. The car starts fine but has no power at all and it's only running on number 2 and 3 cyl. Please i need your advise.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 04:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: please help!! no spark on number 1 and 4 cyl.

This is about a turbo but maybe it will help...

Need no start help for 04 turbo!!

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 10:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Did you replace wires with the plugs? Sure would point to coil - I know coil fires 2 plugs at once - you see nothing (voltage-wise) on 1 + 4 ever?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 13 Dec 2009, 05:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

F.Y.I.

Error Code P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 22 Dec 2009, 02:58 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks guys but nothing seems to be working, 2 days ago the car had being sitting for 3 days and jumped in it and it started really good and ran like it suppose to left it running on idle for about 2 hours and everything went good so i went for a drive, after 15 minutes it started to do the same thing again. Its like i was out of gas and after a minute or two, it was running on 2 cylinders again. Could there be something in the gas tank or the fuel filter is blocked or even broken inside?? I would really appreciate help cause i don't have money to bring it to a garage. Thanks everyone.
Old 24 Dec 2009, 01:52 am
Young Cruiser

I just found out that there is spark on every plug and i think it's missing gas after i rev it at 2000 rpm in neutral for about 3 minutes the car starts to stumble so bad and stalls that it's like it is running on 2 cylinders but its running on all 4, it's just missing gas could it be the pump or the filter? when it stalls on its own i put the key to on 2 or 3 times letting the pump to stop before putting it back to on the car starts fine with no trouble but if i rev it again for 3 minutes at 2000 rpm it starts back to stumble and stalls. Anybody knows what could be wrong with it?? Thanks
Old 24 Dec 2009, 08:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Well, filter is by the pump, and with the labor involved, I'd hit both - but put some fuel system cleaner in first - can't hurt to try.....possible you had a trace of water that iced in gas line.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Dec 2009, 11:34 am
Fanatic Cruiser

You need to pin down whether this is a spark problem or a fuel problem. Since you now suspect a fuel issue, the next step is to test the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. The book calls for 53 to 63 psi at idle.
Old 24 Dec 2009, 02:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Presure is one measure, flow is another. He can have enough pressure, but not enough volume.