PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
car didn't start in the cold, got jumped then was a bubbling sound and won't start

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Dec 2009, 02:30 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default car didn't start in the cold, got jumped then was a bubbling sound and won't start

Hi, my 2002 cruiser started this morning (it was minus 30 celsius, and the car was plugged in all night and all day) but later today it wouldn't start-It was making a clicking sound. I got it jump started, let it run for about a half hour to charge the battery, and when I shut it off, there was a bubbling noise, and it won't start again. I will try it again in the morning, but i don't know if it'll start. My car didn't start one time during the summer as well, but i hadn't started it for a couple of months before that. It was jumped and left on for a half hour and worked fine after that until today. I've never heard the bubbling sound before.
Old 15 Dec 2009, 06:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: car didn't start in the cold, got jumped then was a bubbling sound and won't star

Welcome.
Clicking sound with engine not turning over is classic symptoms of a low battery.
The bubbling or "gurgling" sound is classic sound of coolant bubbling into overflow bottle. Where was the temperature gauge at when you shut the car off?
There are several possible causes for that noise - the engine fan not coming on is probably most common.
Open the hood, start the car, and turn A/C on, then go out & look/listen - does the engine fan come on?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles

Last edited by quicksilverdon; 15 Dec 2009 at 06:38 am.