PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need Instruction for install of OEM Cruise Ctl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Dec 2009, 03:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Need Instruction for install of OEM Cruise Ctl

Hello All,

Newb here. I have an 06 Cruiser with no cruise control. Purchased an OEM cruise control kit on eBay, but got no installation instructions. Would like to get it installed but need the directions?

Anyone have a set of instructions they would part with? Would be willing to pay for the set.

Robb
Old 25 Dec 2009, 06:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wink Re: Need Instruction for install of OEM Cruise Ctl

Robb,

I can help you out. I recently installed the factory cruise on my '06 PT Cruiser and have the factory instructions. I can also offer you some tips which I gathered by "experience" in installing my cruise.

Make me an offer - I can deliver the information electronically (along with my tips), once we agree on a price and you have paid.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Larry Combs

(combs4@earthlink.net)
Old 26 Dec 2009, 09:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Need Instruction for install of OEM Cruise Ctl

Larry,

Thanks for replying. What is a reasonable price?

Robb
Old 26 Dec 2009, 10:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Need Instruction for install of OEM Cruise Ctl

Robb,

Decide what it's worth to you and make me an offer - I'd love to help you out!

Larry
Old 26 Dec 2009, 02:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Didi you read this?
Cruise Control Kit Install ... UGH!!!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 26 Dec 2009, 03:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

You bet - I posted there. Robb's problem is that he has NO instructions with his kit. If you are starting from scratch, it could be dangerous, not to mention frustrating.
Old 26 Dec 2009, 03:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation Re: Need Instruction for install of OEM Cruise Ctl

Robb,

Please confirm if your kit is Mopar part number 1-82209360AC. It should be on the outside of the box.

Thanks.

Larry
Old 05 Jan 2010, 06:06 am
Fresh Cruiser

I just installed (sort of) a Mopar Speed Control Kit (PN 1-82209360AC) on my 2009 PTC. It's supposed to be for model year 2006 and up. I have the instructions (in english, french & spanish) and can send them to you. I have to tell you that there are some problems with the instructions. They could use an editing by someone who has actually tried to use them.

Mechanically, everything went pretty well. The problem came when hooking up the wiring harness. Five wires were supposed to be inserted into the C3 connector on the firewall, but the 5 cavities (#5, 7, 12, 17 & 34) already have wires in them. The instructions don't address this.

Similar problem with the Brake Lamp Switch Connector (cavities 3 & 4 already in use) as well as the Clockspring Connector (#5 already in use but #6 is still open). I don't know if I should replace these wires in their respective connectors or splice them in. It is possible that I already have a harness wired in place.

Ironically, I decided to buy the Mopar kit, in part, because it was touted to have complete installation instructions. Calls to Mopar have proven useless. They tell me that they don't have technical support. They've refered me back to the dealer. The service manager there told me that his technician that does this type of installation is out until next week.

Anyway, having said all that, I'd be happy to send you these instructions along with my condolences.
Old 05 Jan 2010, 05:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Good news - your car is pre-wired for cruise! Disregard the part of the instructions pertaining to the harness coming through the firewall and ECM - all you need to do (after you've finished mounting the cruise lever and making those connections inside the steering wheel) is to mount the actuator, connect the 5-prong vehicle connector (you'll find it just beneath where you mounted the actuator), attach and connect the vacuum resevoir and you should be good to go! All your other connections are already in place!
Yes, it would have been helpful if Chrysler had mentioned this in the instructions - would have saved us a ton of time! Very poorly-written!!!
Old 06 Jan 2010, 02:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info. I had come to that conclusion already. I found CC kit instalation instructions for PN 82208198 on line @

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/pdfs/82208198.pdf

I believe this is for older model cars (prior to 2006). When I got to the part about hooking up the wiring it had the following note:

"If there is existing wiring present at these locations, it means that the vehicle has been pre-wired for speed control. Proceed to Step 29."

They really should have left that in. It would have saved so much time and effort. Anyway, once I started looking around I found the prewired harness and plugged it into the servo assembly. Fortunately I was able to pull the other harness out w/o much effort. Everything is working fine.

I do appreciate your response. I'm sure others will benefit from our experince. I know from now on I will check in here before adding any more aftermarket items.