Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING ON OUR 2001 P.T. CRUISER

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2010, 08:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING ON OUR 2001 P.T. CRUISER

WE BOUGHT A 2001 P.T. CRUISER THAT INSTANTLY HAD TO HAVE A TRANSMISSION. WE TOOK IT IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO AND JUST GOT IT BACK THIS MORNING. I WENT TO LEAVE TONIGHT IN IT AND THE HEADLIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING. THEY WORKED BEFORE WE TOOK IT INTO THE SHOP FOR THE TRANSMISSION. THE OWNER OF THE SHOP SAID THAT WHEN HE TOOK IT OUT FOR A TEST DRIVE LAST NIGHT THE HEADLIGHTS WERE WORKING FINE. HE SAY THAT IT MAY BE IN THE SECURITY SYSTEM OR THE MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH IN THE COLUMN.

NOW, MY QUESTION IS THIS, COULD THERE POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN A GROUND WIRE OR SOMETHING UNDER THE HOOD THAT MAY HAVE GOTTEN KNOCKED OUT?

THE SCOOP - HEADLIGHTS, RUNNING LIGHTS, AND DASH/INSTRUMENT LIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING. THE FLASHERS AND TURN SIGNALS WORK. WHEN ARMING AND DISARMING THE ALARM SYSTEM FLASHERS ARE WORKING. ON A TRIPLE TURN OF THE KEY THE CODE THAT COMES UP IS P1684 (IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY).

THIS HAS REALLY GOT US AND OUR MECHANIC A BIT BOGGLED - ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS?
Old 06 Jan 2010, 06:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING ON OUR 2001 P.T. CRUISER

Welcome.
Please take off caps lock.
A couple minutes with a meter would tell if a ground was missing.
I would check all fuses - inside by driver's knee, and unde the hood by aif cleaner - they shoulc have disconnected battery when doing tansmission, but if they didn't, could've popped a fuse or 2.
If fuses are okay, then it's the left stalk - the multifuncion switch.
P 1684 just says battery has been disconnected recently.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles