PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
DASH HAS DIED ! HELP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jan 2010, 02:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default DASH HAS DIED ! HELP

Hi Guys,
I had to jump start my Diesel PT Cruiser as the weather over here in the UK has been ugly to say the least.

Initially my dash lights etc worked but when I started it an hour ago everything on the dash was out, the engine lights, all the gauges and the mileometer etc even though the engine turned over and started. I ran it for about 20mins turning the engine on and off but the gauges, mileage counter and engine lights did not come on, and are still off. The interior lights coming off of the rear view mirror work but not the central light that comes on when the doors are opened. I have checked all the fuses in the internal fuse box, can anyone give me an idea what has happened please, and how i can resolve it

Regards

Chris
Old 17 Jan 2010, 03:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: DASH HAS DIED ! HELP

Chris,

Welcome to the forum. First of all, as you know (or maybe don't), the diesel isn't made in the U.S.A. so the whole wiring system could be different. On this side of the pond, with the 2001-2005 models, there's a fuse box in the engine compartment that could contain your problem. An IOD (Ignition Off Draw) fuse is the #17 fuse in that box controls all sorts of things. If you have that PSD (Power Distribution Center) check all the fuses in there.
Old 17 Jan 2010, 05:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

yes there is a fuse box in the engine compartment, thank you i'll check the fuse you have mentioned, i'll tell you how it went, its 10pm here now so 'ill do it first thing in the morning, regards chris
Old 19 Jan 2010, 04:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

Cheers CREWZIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the very fuse you mentiond, It was a covered fuse , or should I say a fuse that had a black holding surround over it, however the fuse had not blown it was loose, when I shut the bonnet down hard it seemed to dislodge the fuse , so I pushed the terminals closer together, hopefully it has rectified the problem all is good now, Thanks again