Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Did I screw up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jan 2010, 11:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Did I screw up?

I recently ordered a K&N cold air intake system, #57-1531 which claims to add 12HP to the turbo motor. However, just last night I was browsing some old threads and there was considerable opinion this was not a good mod because the stock airbox pulls in cold air, whereas the K&N, although I see it has baffles around it, uses hot air, negating the effect.I'm wondering whether to send it back and just put a stock K&N filter in the airbox. I also understand the system is noisy. I would really appreciate input from anyone who has been thru this before I decide what to do.
Thanks guys.
Newbie Stu.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 03:03 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Did I screw up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu88 View Post
I recently ordered a K&N cold air intake system, #57-1531 which claims to add 12HP to the turbo motor. However, just last night I was browsing some old threads and there was considerable opinion this was not a good mod because the stock airbox pulls in cold air, whereas the K&N, although I see it has baffles around it, uses hot air, negating the effect.I'm wondering whether to send it back and just put a stock K&N filter in the airbox. I also understand the system is noisy. I would really appreciate input from anyone who has been thru this before I decide what to do.
Thanks guys.
Newbie Stu.
The 12 hp gain is a myth and a turbo does not want hot air so get a drop in filter.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic