PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
UPDATE.. Totally Intergrated Power Module needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Feb 2010, 11:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to outfit Send a message via Skype™ to outfit
Exclamation UPDATE.. Totally Intergrated Power Module needed

Okay Im back in my PT.. I am now needing a TIPM or Totally Intergrated Power Module ( FUSE Block ) mine seems to be shorted or shorting out.. Therfore not letting my compressor kick on among other things.. So does anyone know where I can score one??? For a good price.. Let me know what you have . Thanks a buch. Oh also has any one had a problem witht the wires that go from the aux fan modules.. the ones that make the fan kick on.. Mine seems to be loose or shorting, I can move it and it will slow the fan down or stop it making the Pt overhaet, and then sometime it works like a champ.. It is weird
1 -Hyper White 921 Superstar Bulbs from Autolumination
1 -Hyper White T10 Wedge 194 (Lic Pllate) Super White LED from Autolumination

Pioneer Head unit W/ HD & Satellite radio

2 - 7inch DVD/Headrests Monitors... dvd players built in the headrests
HID Lights 8000k 9006 for lows from xhidoutlet....
HID Slim 55w 6000K for high's from HIDGEEK.

Old 04 Feb 2010, 03:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: UPDATE.. Totally Intergrated Power Module needed

Not sure if the year makes a difference or not,You didn't mention what year you are looking for, but there is a couple of PT's being parted out on here. Check them out.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Feb 2010, 01:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to outfit Send a message via Skype™ to outfit

Sorry about that... I have an 06 PT Touring automatic non turbo.. and it has been giving me alo of problems as of late.. Now I think the fuel filter is bad... since it wont start. It turns over and over but wont fire up..
1 -Hyper White 921 Superstar Bulbs from Autolumination
1 -Hyper White T10 Wedge 194 (Lic Pllate) Super White LED from Autolumination

Pioneer Head unit W/ HD & Satellite radio

2 - 7inch DVD/Headrests Monitors... dvd players built in the headrests
HID Lights 8000k 9006 for lows from xhidoutlet....
HID Slim 55w 6000K for high's from HIDGEEK.

Old 05 Feb 2010, 02:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Your fuel filter is in your gas tank!! To change that, you have to drop the tank, empty if possible, remove the sending unit/fuel pump, replace the filter and reassemble.

All that said, I have not read but one or two cases where the filter was bad. If I remember correctly, ddn't you change sensors? If so, did you use OEM sensors or aftermarket? Aftermarket sensors do not like PT's for some reason. I definitely would make sure B4 I pulled the fuel filter. Good Luck!!

Were you able to pull any codes with the key dance?

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Feb 2010, 11:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Outfit...
Did the dealer tell you that a TIPM is needed? I had a problem with mine regarding backup lights, but a reset was the cure. Its a dealer only reset though.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 11:53 am
Young Cruiser

Question Re: UPDATE.. Totally Intergrated Power Module needed

Hi all - this is my first post as a new member. I've been lurking for several months now, since I bought my used '06 Base model in May 2007 with 18K miles.
In June of last year, I took my cruiser in (with a hair over 60K miles) to Meador Chrysler in Fort Worth, due to my A/C not working - hot air would blow out, and the A/C compressor clutch would not engage. After a few hours of diagnostics, the technician advised me that my Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) would need to be replaced at a cost of $900.00 (parts and labor), because it is not sending a signal to the compressor clutch to engage - he mentioned some relay is bad, and that the whole module would have to be replaced. I paid the $96 diagnostic fee to get my car out of there, since I needed to research this before forking over the money. I found several sources online that sell the TIPM (see below), and installing them is not plug and play - it does require a trip to the stealership, since it needs to be "programmed" to your ECU. I advised the dealer that I would be purchasing my own TIPM, and they told me that they would install it, as long as it is new, and not used. Is there anyone else out there driving an '06 or newer PT Cruiser, that has had problems with their a/c not working? What solutions did you find? Please advise, I can't go another hot Texas summer without A/C.....

https://www.checkanumber.com/advsear...art_no=5269670

2006-2010 PT CRUISER POWER DISTRIBUTION CENTER OEM : eBay Motors (item 110483706366 end time Mar-20-10 10:59:17 PDT)

I also attached a pic of the current, original TIPM that came with my car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TIPM.jpg (5.6 KB, 46 views)
Old 21 Feb 2010, 02:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

TxCruiser...
You might want to look around. I picked this one up at a local yard for a backup for $10.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0051.jpg (83.1 KB, 75 views)
Old 21 Feb 2010, 04:47 pm
Young Cruiser

767skyking, as I stated in my post, the dealer will not reprogram a used TIPM, so buying one at a junkyard is useless. Thanks though for your reply.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 05:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hmm... I will talk to my friend (Chrysler tech). I will find out if a used module (programed) can be plug and play if both cars have the same options.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 05:18 pm
Young Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: UPDATE.. Totally Intergrated Power Module needed

Hey skyking767, I believe the TIPM seems to run off of the CAN bus system, so ESNs (electronic serial numbers, which the TIPM has) need to programmed to the ECM, for it to recognize it. I was also told that when you activate the A/C button in the cabin, it sends a signal to the TIPM, which then sends a signal to the ECM, which then sends a signal back to the TIPM to activate the compressor clutch relay, which then activates the compressor. Phew, talk about over engineering a vehicle.

I remember when I first purchased the car, I bought the OEM fog light kit, and after installing the kit, the lights would not come on - I had to visit the dealer so that they could program the ECM with the Starscan tool, so it would recognize the fog lights.

Anyone else out there with any feedback on this TIPM problem? Why would the whole TIPM need to be replaced if all that is wrong with it is a relay?