PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help Please!!!! Pt Cruiser 2006 Not Won't Start

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Feb 2010, 05:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help Please!!!! Pt Cruiser 2006 Not Won't Start

Hi. I need as much help as everyone can't give me. I recently bought a used PT Cruiser 2006. In was in car crash, so I change some parts, but it won't start or even turn over. I read about the fault codes, but I can't get them.

I change the battery, but there are a few thing that doesn't work. For example my windows doesn't move, the blower won't work.

Is there any switch to reset after the crash.??

Thanks for your help
Old 04 Feb 2010, 06:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help Please!!!! Pt Cruiser 2006 Not Won't Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesag View Post
Hi. I need as much help as everyone can't give me. I recently bought a used PT Cruiser 2006. In was in car crash, so I change some parts, but it won't start or even turn over. I read about the fault codes, but I can't get them.

I change the battery, but there are a few thing that doesn't work. For example my windows doesn't move, the blower won't work.

Is there any switch to reset after the crash.??

Thanks for your help
Welcome to the Forum Jorge. Did you buy the car after it was in the crash or did you crash it? What parts did you change? Can I assume that it is a non-turbo? If you turn the key from off to start acc 3 times quickly, you should get a done or a code readout in the mileage window. Please let us know what you find.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 04 Feb 2010, 07:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for your reply. I bought after the crash. I change the fender, front bumper cover, battery , transmission speed sensor (because the connector broke during the crash)

I tried the code thing, but it didn't work for me. The weird thing is that the power windows don't work, the blower neither,

And yes, the pt is a non-turbo..

Thanks
Old 04 Feb 2010, 08:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You should always get "done" whether there are error codes or not - did you?
If not, you're not doing it right.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 06 Feb 2010, 03:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I tried to get the codes early this week, but never got the "Done" message so I will try again
Old 06 Feb 2010, 03:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Today I realized the indicator on the dashboard doen´t get into park even the stick is in park.

Any ideas???
Old 06 Feb 2010, 07:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Update

I did the code retrieve , and all I got was "-----" for about 5 seconds, and after that "-done-".
Also I jumped the starter and it turns but won't start.

I checked voltage on the fuse box and I don't have B+ on fuses 22,23, 25 and 26.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 08 Feb 2010, 05:16 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Jorgesag...
The 06 Pt has a Totally integrated Power Module (TIPM). After the crash, the TIPM might has "tripped" something in the module, which would require a trip to the dealer (sorry) to check for DTC's unless you have access to a scan tool. One thing though you might check is the IOD fuse. (fuse #18, Ignition-off Draw fuse). Make sure your ignition is off before checking. Your statement that your radio and fan is off makes me think that somehow it was removed or blown.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 01:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

More News!!!

I checked the stater relay and I get voltage everytime I move the ignition switch to "start".

How can I checked the TIPM for failures. The code retrieval operation doesn't show anything more than "----" and done.

Thanks
Old 15 Feb 2010, 11:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The retrieval code operation in the vehicle is for OBDII functions only. A Chrysler scan tool is needed to check for the body DTC's. I had a problem with my stop lights on the 06 and it took a reset at the dealer
Did you check the IOD fuse?