Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
strut bar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Apr 2002, 08:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry Iggman, but I just went out to the garage after reading your reply and had to prove it to myself. There's about an inch between the modesty cover and the strut bar and all I needed was about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch to gently pry the rear of the cover up and then pryed the front two corners up and off it came....never hit the bar. If I had a digital camera, I would have taken a picture of it off with the bar still in place, but I don't so you'll just have to take my word for it....there's no reason for me not to tell the truth. Renichms has told you the same thing, although he has to "yank" his off, mine comes off pretty easy. P.S. take a look at my picture (a couple of answers back), does your bar sit right against the firewall like mine? Maybe there's some play in the fitting of the bar where you can adjust the bar a little further away from the cover. You also said the cover comes up and forward....NO, it comes straight up off the plastic pins, the cover has to clear the pins before you can come forward or sideways.

Edited by - crewzin on 04/24/2002 07:19:56
Old 24 Apr 2002, 08:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Iggman,
Here's a close-up from a different angle. Although it looks like the bar is even closer to the modesty cover, that's because I was higher up trying to look down on the engine compartment. But you can see the bar is right up against the firewall and this gives me the small amount of room I need to lift the right rear corner up off the pin and take the rest of the modesty cover off.

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0OgAAAGgTPSjOD5AKQE2QV8QDgmsQ!w8Az!IfeHZXqqaYfQgXh LMhTHLJqg5O4ZU3gRVirmYJFW*!G3N1S*Z3AUCYkVf!8CoT/Engine-close-up.JPG[/img]

Old 24 Apr 2002, 08:54 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to renichms

I pried up the front first, then used my hand as a guard against hitting the modesty cover against the bar...I do have a digital camera and can take a picture of the cover being off with the bar in, if you want...although the engine's dirty and still being worked on. If you want any pics from any angle, just say so and I can help out...the camera can hold 100 pictures at a time.

RN

See Mephisto
Old 25 Apr 2002, 12:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

You guys are way too kind and I wasn't actually calling anyone a "liar," but I failed at my first attempt. I didn't spend more than 20 seconds trying though. I pulled up the front first and the the back seemed to be hooked in still. I will try pulling up the back first when the time comes.

The bar is perfect as it can only work one way. Please don't bother with pictures. I don't understand why people in these forums ask for so many pictures. I have an imagination and you guys are all intelligent enough to explain something clearly.

Thanks for your time and tolerance!