Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
strut bar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2002, 05:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default strut bar

Hey folks what different companies have front strut rods, and what is a good place to order them from. snow is melting in Wis.

Old 17 Apr 2002, 06:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to renichms

www.raceandstreet.com

RN

See Mephisto
Old 17 Apr 2002, 09:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Race & Street is where I got mine too...

Edited by - crewzin on 04/19/2002 10:58:30
Old 18 Apr 2002, 10:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks for the company name and for the pictures. tom

Old 19 Apr 2002, 03:54 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Several Companies make Tower Strut Bars. Besides R&S as shown above, there is the Freedom Design:http://www.ptuning.com/

and the Pro-Felge:http://www.cruisertuning.de/

Just FYI: I have the Freedom Design installed in my PT, so I don't have to relocate my clutch container. If I owned an automatic, I would have seriously considered the Pro-Felge. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you will be happy with the results.

2002 Almond Pearl Limited Edition 27K

Edited by - Sci-Fi on 04/19/2002 03:14:17
Old 22 Apr 2002, 02:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

Give me the pros and cons on your strut rods. I've got the automatic, and this will be my next mod.

Smittys PT
Web Designer for
Colorado PT Cruiser Club
Member of PTE,PTCC,PTOC,CPTCC
Old 23 Apr 2002, 04:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

No cons really. Besides the fact that it costs money (con), if you plan on painting your modesty cover, then do that first. I could not remove mine with the bar in place. It is easy to take off and put back on, but a minor inconvenience and small con.

Pros? Most look good and it makes your PT more fun to drive. The only one I could suggest is what I belive to be the best, and that's the Race and Street bar: http://www.raceandstreet.com/ptsuspensionhandling/

It is currently $129. I have this one and I am VERY satisfied with it and I honestly can't imagine there being one that is better than it.

Good luck and have fun with your mods!

Old 23 Apr 2002, 10:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Iggman,
You say you have the Race&Street and can't get the modesty cover off? See my picture above. I've taken the cover off a few times with no trouble and leaving the strut bar in place. The only time I had to remove the bar is when I put in the double platinum plugs.

Smitty,
Pro's: It looks good (yellow color went with yellow do-dads' that come with the PT (dip stick handle etc.). Seems to take corners better without a lot of lean.
Con's: None that I can think of.

Old 23 Apr 2002, 03:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to renichms

I have the Race and Street strut brace. Handling has improved noticably (however, it is paired with rear sway bar and will add front soon too). Con...costs money. Other than that, it's all pros...better handling, looks cool. I've had no problem getting the modesty cover off with the bar in, though just getting the cover off at all was a pain (had to yank that sucker out).

RN

See Mephisto
Old 24 Apr 2002, 04:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

You guys are telling me that you can take your engine modesty cover off with no problems while the R&S strut bar is in place? I have to respectfully not believe you.

I have not actually completely removed it, but I lifted it up to check the clearance as I will be painting it soon. I lifted it up and I am sure that if I gave it a yank, it would have come forward too, but it will definitely hit the bar not matter what.

Therefore, when I put my newly painted modesty cover back on, I will remove the strut bar b/ I would be too afraid of scratching my new paint job.

Reply please. Let me know if I am doing something wrong - though I am a bit stubborn when I think I know what I am talking about.

;-p