19" or 20" rims? will they fit?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Candyman
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Feb 2010, 12:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 19" or 20" rims? will they fit?

iv been to a few rim sites and they have 19 and 20 inch rims listed for the cruiser. i have seen a few i like for a reasonable price and want to know for sure
they will fit. also whats the lowest i can possibly lower my ride hight? im looking for 4" but will go with 3"-3.5" if possible still.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 08:09 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: 19" or 20" rims? will they fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PtBruiser90 View Post
iv been to a few rim sites and they have 19 and 20 inch rims listed for the cruiser. i have seen a few i like for a reasonable price and want to know for sure
they will fit. also whats the lowest i can possibly lower my ride hight? im looking for 4" but will go with 3"-3.5" if possible still.

i will only speak on what i know for sure:

with eibachs (2"drop) you can run 19" but the widest tire you can run is a 235/40/19 and a 35mm offset. this gives you paper thin clearance for your struts on turns.

to go big and low maybe you should consider "air ride" and a little nip and tuck of you inner fender. Candyman has the sickest slammed pt on the block, shoot him a pm about his setup.

Josh
50trim (2 Weeks)
Stage 3 (3 months)
Big Wheel Stage 3 (6 months) my Fav
Holset HX35 (6 months) 700whp turbo
Stock turbo its a daily driver now

I've done this once or twice before...
Old 13 Feb 2010, 02:27 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman

Hey their PtBruiser90,

Welcome to the Forum.

Ok, here is the straight up story.

As for max lowering, your best bet is going to be the Goldline Super Slammers which will give you a 2.75 / 3.25 drop, which is pretty respectable. The only downside will be that even though this kit is supposed to level the ride height, it doesn't. Their is still a 2" variable from front to back as shown in this pic of my ride sitting on the Super Slammers.

I designed and built my own drop springs a while back affectionately called "Candy Drops" with a friend of mine in the past which gave my Ride a full 3" / 5" solid drop giving the body a level full time ride height at 4" on the sides, and 3.25 front and back. Unfortunately I only made four sets, and my last set was shipped out yesterday as a matter of fact, and their won't be any more made at this time, as they are too expensive to produce, and too little demand. TO give you an idea of where the 3"/5" Drop kit actually sat, here is my Ride sitting on my springs "Top Pic", and finally on air ride "Bottom Pic".

So it is physically possible to go as far as 3" in front, and 5" in back and still be drivable. I have done it, and it will work. Not the best ride quality, but will work.

Now, as for wheels, you can go up to 19" without changing the overall stock wheel dimensions which means no throwing the speedometer off, no clearance issues, and so on. The only problems with 19"s are that since they are an odd size, they are very difficult to find the right size.

You can go 20's out back without much problem. In fact I had test fit a set of 19's in front, and 20"s out back at the KMC Warehouse a while back and thy fit under my slammed PT without issue so I know they will fit. You can fit 20"s up front as well but you must either be stock height, or bagged to pull it off, and if you were to go 20"s up front, they must be no wider than 7.5 - 8 wide max with a 35 - 40 offset to avoid issues which really narrows the playing field as to what will fit, and cost involved.

Hope that helps you. Good luck on adjusting the altitude of your PT, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Cancyman
uncomn likes this.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 28 May 2010, 10:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi I am looking to get some new rims for my cruiser and I am wondering if 255/45R18 will fit on the it? The bolt pattern is 4 3/4. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks
Old 28 May 2010, 11:02 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude1000 View Post
Hi I am looking to get some new rims for my cruiser and I am wondering if 255/45R18 will fit on the it? The bolt pattern is 4 3/4. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks
Your bolt pattern won't fit the PT. You need 5X100.
uncomn likes this.