PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
HEAD , Hd Gskt, Valves warped among other things

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2010, 03:29 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to outfit Send a message via Skype™ to outfit
Exclamation HEAD , Hd Gskt, Valves warped among other things

Okay I had a biggg problem with my PT.. It started overheating .. No issues before, just bammm... Well my themastat was stuck, so I poped it out buttoned it back up and went on my way. Well that was problem 1 of many.. It ran for my wife fine in the morning, but as I went to head to the bank , it would not start.. Uhhhh , so into the shop it went. They tell me the radiator was half clogged only allowing the fluid to cool in one half of the chambers and running hot in the other.. It is replaced along with a new themastat and I was told it is fine and you are good to GO. They ran tests for compression and all that other good stuff for heads..YEAH.. I will never believe that again.. Turns out they were freaking wrong.. Head were warped, headgasket was bad, needed a valve job among other things. Lets just say I received a major discount along with new water pump and timing belt and now I have pretty much a new heart for my PT.. So my nightmare is over, I have it back and ready to get my customizing on ...
1 -Hyper White 921 Superstar Bulbs from Autolumination
1 -Hyper White T10 Wedge 194 (Lic Pllate) Super White LED from Autolumination

Pioneer Head unit W/ HD & Satellite radio

2 - 7inch DVD/Headrests Monitors... dvd players built in the headrests
HID Lights 8000k 9006 for lows from xhidoutlet....
HID Slim 55w 6000K for high's from HIDGEEK.

Old 15 Feb 2010, 12:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: HEAD , Hd Gskt, Valves warped among other things

PLEASE don't say that they put in Dex Cool. I think that your year calls for the Magenta HOAT coolant. Dex Cool will clog up your system again in short order.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 12:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: HEAD , Hd Gskt, Valves warped among other things

So, New raidator, new timing belt (and I hope, new water pump & tensioner), redone head - you're good for another 100,000 miles.
If you have an auto, get it flushed (flushing machine) and be sure they use only ATF + 4.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles