PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
SCT Question/Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2010, 11:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default SCT Question/Problem

Hi there,

I made this post on another PT board and no one could help me there i'm hoping someone here has experienced this problem. When i first bought my car i did a ton of research on what was the best way to get more power out of it without going totally mod crazy as this is my daily driver car. Anyhow i decided to go the route of the SCT tuner. So in August i purchased one. However since i got it i've had a problem. I've done extensive research on it and the only people that seem to have the same problem as me are the guys on the SRT forum. However i thought i would post here to see what everyone else thought.

So now with the problem. I plug the tuner into the port and start the program vehicle process. Everything was going along fine until it got to the erasing memory portion and that is when things went wrong. I all of a sudden got a message on the screen saying "ECM Erase Failed". I have talked to the seller and to SCT numerous times. The seller has been super helpful to me in everyway however i can't really say the same about SCT. They had me send the scan tool back to them and they did there checks on it and sent it back to me saying nothing is wrong with it and that it was the tune. So i had the seller resend me the tune and it still doesn't work. So once again i talked to SCT and they couldn't tell me what was wrong. They said the only thing they could do was have me send them my PCM and they would permanently flash the tune onto it. That doesn't work for me as this is my only car and i only want the tune on there in the summer months as when it is -50C there isn't much point in having the tune on.

So after this long rambling post if anyone else has had the same prolem and fixed it or if you have any ideas as to what could be causing it i'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance.