Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Took Lil Blue on a trip this week!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Mar 2010, 08:23 am
Young Cruiser

Default Took Lil Blue on a trip this week!

Took lil blue on her first trip this week since getting her. She did awesome!!!! Was a little worried since she is a 4 cyl. base model. no cruise control even!!! ugg but she did awesome!!! Got up to 90 mph...averaged about 80 mph most of the time...unless when we were stopped on the highway due to wayyyyy to much traffic!!!

She averaged 27 MPG!!!!!!! OMG I never expected that!!!! She doesnt do that well in the city. we even did 80 most of the way.... which should have meant less gas milage. I have never been more impressed with a car before. She handled everything so well...the luggage, the ride, the handling, i was even able to sleep for 2 solid hours in the front seat!!! very impressed!! Glad I made the purchase!!!

Last edited by rkagan; 20 Mar 2010 at 08:32 am.
Old 20 Mar 2010, 12:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Took Lil Blue on a trip this week!

Before my accident, I got to take my first Cruiser on a road trip and it was a good drive. Too bad it was Dec and we were driving to Missouri and couldn't open the sun roof.

Glad you're enjoying your PT. I have been enjoying our nice weather this past week and have found that the sun roof makes the evening commute suck a little less. It's hard to be stressed driving down LBJ when the sun is shining and you've got a nice breeze
Old 20 Mar 2010, 01:26 pm
Young Cruiser

oh hush!! LOL I get to make that drive without a sunroof and it does suck!!! LOL

Did you catch the 5 snow flakes that fell earlier?? LOL Though they say more tonight...ugggg.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 10:43 am
Cool Cruiser

We actually had accumulated snow fall in Far North

We had to brush snow off the truck Saturday when we went to the store.

BTW I forgot to ask - where did ya'll go?
Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:27 am
Young Cruiser

Im in Far North also and yes....lots of snow here. Actually as of right now.. there is still snow on the truck... weird. But is fastly disappearing now.

We went to san antonio to sea world.... and yes my hubby has now renamed my car.... Shamblu I will still call her Lil Blue LOL

We got back from our trip to find out that we have a new neighbor.... with the same PT as ours except it is a Limited Ed. and mine is just basic model. Same exact color even. Trips me out every time I look out my window LOL
Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:48 am
Cool Cruiser

Nice little get away it sounds like!

Shamblu- I like that. Do I see a tow tone paint job in Lil Blue's future? LOL

We're planning to go back to New Mexico in June so I can participate in graduation ceremonies with my University class. I've been doing on line classes since we moved here two years ago.

I'm hoping to convince the wife to take the PT on the road. The only thing I can't overcome is that her truck has an iPod stereo where as The Sequel doesn't. Of course I think I can find an adaptor that would let me plug her iPod in to the aux port on the stero
Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:51 am
Young Cruiser

oh yes you can get the adapter.... at walmart even..pretty cheaply. I have an iphone so i know the ins and outs....ask questions..i will have answers LOL Unfortunitly mine does not have that lovely port, but i will get a cassette adapter for her soon...till i get a newer radio put in her.

I dont think so on the paint job LOL I really dont want a "whale of a paintjob" done to her LOL
Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:58 am
Young Cruiser

oh yeah!! CONGRATS on graduating!!!! That is awesome!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 03:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks

It seems like it's taken forever to get through school but it's made an impression on my son and he's already talking about college at 11

I hope to start grad school in the fall, so there's more to come.

As for your stereo, check out the Best Buy at Midway & 635. They have some really great systems there for not a lot. Got the wife's cd/ipod player there and with installation, conversion kit, reinstall option (in case we want it taken out of the truck and reinstalled some place else) we paid around $250.

I think they're still running the 6 mos no interest if you have a store card.

The wife keeps offering to buy me an ipod for my car, but I'd much rather get some chrome goodies
Old 22 Mar 2010, 03:40 pm
Young Cruiser

LOL I think we are married to each others other halfs LOL I just had that same conversation with my hubby today. He wants to replace the stereo and I want CHROME first LOL

That is awesome about your son. It does make a good impression on them when they see that mom or dad can do it..then they can also. What are you going for??