Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
i need help with O2 sensor and catalytic converter problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Apr 2010, 01:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation i need help with O2 sensor and catalytic converter problems

new here and right now with life just havent had the time to look in to this all the way. ok first had a light go on took it and scaned it found a bad o2 sensor in the up bank. so i fixed it ran good for 2 months and then a light. o2 sensor lower bank and agine fixed it. car ran good for 3 weeks and is now slow to move at first and then it gets warmed up and off it goes. at idle its ruff even warm now and is now showing bad o2 sensor lower bank agine. ive heard that this isnt a bad o2 sensor now but i need a new catalytic converter?!?! the car is at 81000 and the warrenty for it runs out at 80000 just my luck!#!# i need to get it fixed i can do it myself if i get the mounted one. but sould i spend the money if its something other than that? could it be something other than that? is my real quetion! can anyone help? do thay go bad at 80000 as a given? i know the o2 sensors do. please help if there any thing i can check to find let me know please. thanks for the read
Old 05 Apr 2010, 01:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: i need help with O2 sensor and catalytic converter problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokerob View Post
new here and right now with life just havent had the time to look in to this all the way. ok first had a light go on took it and scaned it found a bad o2 sensor in the up bank. so i fixed it ran good for 2 months and then a light. o2 sensor lower bank and agine fixed it. car ran good for 3 weeks and is now slow to move at first and then it gets warmed up and off it goes. at idle its ruff even warm now and is now showing bad o2 sensor lower bank agine. ive heard that this isnt a bad o2 sensor now but i need a new catalytic converter?!?! the car is at 81000 and the warrenty for it runs out at 80000 just my luck!#!# i need to get it fixed i can do it myself if i get the mounted one. but sould i spend the money if its something other than that? could it be something other than that? is my real quetion! can anyone help? do thay go bad at 80000 as a given? i know the o2 sensors do. please help if there any thing i can check to find let me know please. thanks for the read
Rob, welcome to the Forum.

Hopefully you use OEM sensors, for some reason the PT is not fond of aftermarket ones. Other than that, I can't help on the catalytic converter, I thought they had a warranty until 100,000 due to Federal emission controls.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Apr 2010, 03:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: i need help with O2 sensor and catalytic converter problems

Cars made after 1995: * Specified major emission control components are covered for the first 8 years or 80,000 miles of vehicle use.

I'm not sure about test the CAT either but I will go along with Hooligan about the bad luck with aftermarket sensors.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.