Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT fan Australia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Apr 2002, 08:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default PT fan Australia

Hi! I'm hoping to buy a new PT here in Australia in the next couple of weeks. They are a bit more expensive down under, so was wondering if there have been any major problems with the PT's that isn't listed here, or are they pretty good quality for money? What is the fit and finish like after a few months, do they still hold up quite well? Want to make sure that the funky awesome car I am buying is well worth the money!
Also, anyone know where in Australia you can pick up customizing parts and accessories down here? Or has anyone bought stuff from overseas, what was that like?
I know Chrysler builds a great product, owned a Dodge Shadow Turbo for 6 years in Canada a while back, was a great car! Thanks, and all the custom PT's on this site look awesome, you guys are really lucky to be able to get all that stuff at reasonable prices!
Old 30 Apr 2002, 12:52 am
Cool Cruiser

I suggest you e-mail The PT Owners Club Director for Australia
Wendy Holderness
wendy@ptownersclub.com
I'm sure she can tell you what you want to know.

Greg Gavencky
Southern New Jersey Director
PT Owners Club
Old 09 May 2002, 12:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi dmarshall66,

Don't worry about the price just go for the cool, head turning appeal.
I live West Oz had mine for a couple of weeks now and i wish i had a dollar for every head that has nearly been screwed off looking at my stock (not for long) patriot blue cruiser.

If you are worried about the price, relax. I did a price comparison on from the chrsler.com website. They have different models in the states and different levels of equipment. So when you option up a Us model to meet ours here in Oz we are way ahead. An equivalent car in the USto the base model here works out to about US$19500 and thats about 40k here.
hope you buy one soon
happy drives

Old 10 May 2002, 07:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hey guys!

Thanks for the tips! I'm getting it anyway, especially after looking at all the links, etc. Mine is a Patriot Blue Classic, and is straight off the boat, just waiting to be picked up next week! Then time to hide all the custom stuff I want to do to it from the wife!

Old 20 May 2002, 02:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

SNAP. Mine is a patriot blue classic too. Me thinks it is far toooo popular. You have to get the lady interested in the genre of retro cars. I have been trying for years to get 32 roadster, too impractical were the arguements, but then i showed her a PT and she loved it. So now we both have ideas of custom stuff.
Get the new wheels in june