PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Special engine coolant fluid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Special engine coolant fluid

My 2002 pt cruiser's special engine coolant fluid has reached below the minimum line and I am wondering what kind of coolant to put into it. The manual specifically says to only put the same kind in there as what previously was and i cannot seem to find that in the stores...what should I do? buy one that is close to it or keep looking until i find it?
Old 15 Jun 2010, 05:28 am
Regular Cruiser

Talking Re: Special engine coolant fluid

You can get it at any Chrysler Dealer. They might even top it off for little or nothing.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 09:15 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Special engine coolant fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstyler05 View Post
My 2002 pt cruiser's special engine coolant fluid has reached below the minimum line and I am wondering what kind of coolant to put into it. The manual specifically says to only put the same kind in there as what previously was and i cannot seem to find that in the stores...what should I do? buy one that is close to it or keep looking until i find it?
I had a hard time finding it without getting it from the stealer, try NAPA if they don't have it I ordered it online from these guys they have good prices and fast free shipping.

Approved Vendor ZXGO5RU1 Antifreeze/Coolant

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 15 Jun 2010, 11:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Cool,thank you. It turns out after a little research that I did on this forum that they sell the coolant at kragen which is not too far from my house but they don't sell it at pep boys...
Old 15 Jun 2010, 01:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstyler05 View Post
Cool,thank you. It turns out after a little research that I did on this forum that they sell the coolant at kragen which is not too far from my house but they don't sell it at pep boys...
Yep on their web site ZEREX they have a bunch of places listed including Walmart and none have it, I wasted hours looking for it.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 16 Jun 2010, 12:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Get some Zerex G-05 HOAT (Hybrid Organic Acid Technology). Checker or O'Reilly (even Checker O'Reilly) should have it. If not out front, may be in back (storeroom). Good Luck.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 11:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I came across GM approved Prestone at Autozone today. It's the orange stuff comes in a grey container. I've actually have been using regular Prestone since I had some engine work done and replaced the radiator. Is there really a difference or is it ok as long as they aren't mixed?
Old 19 Jun 2010, 06:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

When the radiator clogs, you will know.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 19 Jun 2010, 12:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by camillion View Post
I came across GM approved Prestone at Autozone today. It's the orange stuff comes in a grey container. I've actually have been using regular Prestone since I had some engine work done and replaced the radiator. Is there really a difference or is it ok as long as they aren't mixed?
If the GM stuff was the right stuff for the PT we would all be using it because it's so easy to find. You should flush it out and install the right stuff so your not needing another radiator anytime soon.

Tags
coolant, engine, special