Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
strange starting problem on 06 pt cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jul 2010, 07:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default strange starting problem on 06 pt cruiser

After driving my car for about 25 min to get from my job to school. I pulled into the school parking lot and parked my car like normal. I was not in school for more that 20 min I come back out open the car door with the keyless entry I get in and try to start the car and nothing. I try starting the car again nothing it wouldn't even try to crank the engine. I didn't hear a thing coming from the starter. I had power because the radio was blasting, but I notice that I didn't have power for my windows because when I tried to lower them because it was hot ass hell nothing. I also notice that I was not getting power to my cigarette lighter plug because my phone was not charging. I then put the car in neutral to try to start it and still got nothing. I then grab my power probe and connected it to the starter and notice I was getting power to the starter. I then turn the key on in the ignition switch and with the power probe I directly gave the starter solenoid power and was able to get the engine to crank over. So I now knew that it was not the battery or the starter I tried this a couple of times just to get the engine to crank over and nothing. I then got into the car and before I gave up I tried to start the engine with the key and got the car to turn on and was able to get the windows down and my phone to charge. WTH happen?????? Has this ever happen to anyone?

I was able to get to my house with no problems and turn off the engine and for shits and giggles tried to start it again and didn't have no problems. It was like nothing ever happen. I did notice that the check engine light was on I still have not check to see what that has to say but I will. Has this ever happen to anyone or knows wth happen to my car?

Last edited by CREWZIN; 01 Jul 2010 at 08:22 pm.
Old 01 Jul 2010, 08:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: strange starting problem on 06 pt cruiser

A short in the starter or ignition maybe? See with the fault code says.

Static on the key to my Vette will set the "starter lock-out" and I have to wait a couple minutes before the engine will start. Then it acts like nothing happened.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Jul 2010, 10:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: strange starting problem on 06 pt cruiser

Ok I got the trouble codes out of my 06 Pt Cruiser. Lets see if you guys can help me with this strange problem I'm having.

U110C No Fuel Level BUS

P0645 Air Conditioning Clutch Relay Control Circuit

P0627 Fuel Pump Control Circuit

U0141 Lost Communication with Front Control Module

U1411 Implausible Fuel Volume Signal Received

U110E Lost Ambient Temperature Message

Those are all the codes that I got from the Dash.
Any clue where I should start looking at?