Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
substitute for 2002 engine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jul 2010, 01:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy substitute for 2002 engine

ok i have a 2002 pt that needs a new engine .. my dad is getting conflicting stories about weather we can use an engine from another car ( not a PT) one place says yes we can we just need to switch some stuff over .. another place says no you cant .. so i really need to know if its possible .. i need my car back .,,
Old 07 Jul 2010, 05:49 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: substitute for 2002 engine

What car/engine are they talking about?
Stratus? Dodge Caravan?
The 2.4 engine was used in some other cars - with different intake and exhaust manifolds.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 07 Jul 2010, 10:33 am
Senior Cruiser

You are was better off sticking with an 02 PT engine, because a lot of stuff will be in different places if you don't. It don't sound like a big deal until you start to wire things up. Don't know about the link below but they seem to have a good guarantee. You can also find some on EBAY

2002 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER ENGINE - 2 Chrysler 148 CID,2.4 L Engine Block with 10-Year Warranty!

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08 Jul 2010, 07:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Talking Re: substitute for 2002 engine

dino thank you and it seems that you actually read the post ,,, besides the fact that this is the pt cruiser forum ... but thanks again for the advice ,..
Old 08 Jul 2010, 08:08 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybilee View Post
dino thank you and it seems that you actually read the post ,,, besides the fact that this is the pt cruiser forum ... but thanks again for the advice ,..
.and what is that supposed to mean. You said replace with a different engine (NOT A PT) and QSD was asking where the donor engine was coming from. Frankly, your answer is that if you have the cash, ANY engine can and will fit, including a V8.

You gave no information about how far you wanted to go in replacing the engine, how easy you wanted the job to be or how complicated the job might be.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 06:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

it was a gerneral question as to if it was possible .. we had no specific engine in mind .. damn get a grip .. calm down .. we were getting conflicting answers .. every one says no it should not be done .. so thanks but we got a 2002 pt engine to replace mine .. its from necessity not for shits and giggles ..