PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
HELP! Crankshaft pos sensor won't come out!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jul 2010, 08:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Angry HELP! Crankshaft pos sensor won't come out!

I have that dastardly camshaft/ crankshaft position sensor code. I've replaced the camshaft position sensor, the wiring harness to the sensor, and now I've got a brand new crankshaft position sensor and the old one will not budge. I've WD-40'd the old one, I've pried on it, tugged on it, cursed it, and stared menacingly at it. How can I get the flippity floppin thing out? And this is on an '03 2.4L. So the sensor is mounted below the starter near the radiator. Any advice more than welcome.

Darn thing got broke off in there. Had to take it to a shop, where they torched it out.

Last edited by reluctantlycrouched; 13 Jul 2010 at 07:49 pm. Reason: Work done by someone else.