Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Forum virgin, lots of questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jul 2010, 10:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Forum virgin, lots of questions

Hi , I'm tj , I love the cruiser and want to do some upgrades. I have a '03 gt with a afc fresh air intake and hankook v-12's (225x45 17's). I have lots of questions about performance upgrades, I want to find out what exhaust to install, and how to get the "chip" reprogrammed, does anyone offer that service so that you don't have to spend big bucks for the programmer??. I'm also interested in upgrades to the suspension and brakes, although I have to say I'm impressed by the combination of ride quality and handling, I'd like to improve the handling without comprimising the ride, which is exceptional!! I am currently experiencing some hesitation and misfiring, that I have attributed to some poor quality gas, but I also have questions about the longevity of the coilpacks, the fuel filter b.s. and deterioration of the turbo intake boot that was provided with the afc kit. I have read that the stage II kit for the 2.4 ltr. Neon will work on the PT and would like to know if anyone has tried it. The kit, I believe has a pump,lines and injecters, so if I need to pull the tank anyway, (to clean the fuel filter, or replace the pump), I figure I'd rather install an upgrade. I know, I know, too many words, so if any one has answers to any of these questions, I would be sincerely appreciative of any suggestions, answers, or advice. Thanks for letting me into your "circle" I look forward to your responses. Thanks, tjturbo

Last edited by tjturbo; 09 Jul 2010 at 10:19 pm.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 01:49 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Forum virgin, lots of questions

PTCrew has lots of turbo gearheads who have done wonderful things.
Get a strut brace - it connects the strut towers - you can get a used one (I did) they are aluminum and don't wear out.
You can lower your car for better handling - I only lowered the rear because the front already scrapes on some driveways, and it helped in turns.
You can also get front & rear sway bars bigger than stock (actually, they stopped putting in a rear sway bar - I forget which year) - they help with handling and don't hurt ride.
Look for a flow-thru exhaust (no muffler) I can look thru the pieces of my exhaust, and yet it isn't too loud - but go to a PT meet and listen before you buy - music to one person is noise to another. A dual exhaust on a PT is only for looks - a good single exhaust is as good as a dual on a PT.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles