Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A/C Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jul 2010, 11:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation A/C Problem

Got a quick question with a 2002 Pt 2.4 auto A/C compressor fit on a 2007 2.4 auto?

JEdberg
Old 11 Jul 2010, 11:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: A/C Problem

I just went to ROCKAUTO.com (where a lot of us get our parts) and plugged in a 2001 and a 2007 PT Cruiser Compressor. Both had the same parts available so I'm pretty sure your answer is YES.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 12:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Just found out it is not going to work because of the different part numbers mine is a 15c and the one I have is not a 15c. watch out guys before you go and get a used a/c compressor you will turn out like I did going on rock auto and buying one now.

Thanks

JEdberg
Old 11 Jul 2010, 12:41 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

You both are partially right.

On automatic transmissions, all a/c compressors are the same, and a 2007 will fit fine on a 2001.

Manual transmissions are a different story. In 2007 there were two different compressors, neither of which will work on a 2001.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 01:43 pm
Banned

JEdberg, It's always "buyer beware" as far as compatability and mainly condition are concerned when we choose to buy used parts. The onus is completely on the buyer to make sure the part is correct and functioning. I will always go to new or rebuilt when it comes to things like a/c compressors, alternators, etc.

Jerry
Old 12 Jul 2010, 01:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation Re: A/C Problem

Ok So I got to get the old A/C compressor back on to the ol lady can drive it. I go to put the belt back on and it's kicking my a$$ why? I loosed the a/c compressor to see if it would give a little more but I can't get it back on is there a trick or what? because I cant get it on. anyone have a belt digraph?

Thanks Jedberg
Old 12 Jul 2010, 04:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Old 12 Jul 2010, 04:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry, I wasn't seeing how to post my own issue. I have a 06 Touring and today I started it up, AC was on and about 5 minutes later I smelled something sweet and heard a hiss. Now It blows fine, but the ais cold at all. I do not want to take it somewhere and them just come out and say all needs to be replaced. How can I tell if it is a hose or something worse?
Old 12 Jul 2010, 07:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtk40242 View Post
Sorry, I wasn't seeing how to post my own issue. I have a 06 Touring and today I started it up, AC was on and about 5 minutes later I smelled something sweet and heard a hiss. Now It blows fine, but the ais cold at all. I do not want to take it somewhere and them just come out and say all needs to be replaced. How can I tell if it is a hose or something worse?
Look for STEAM once you notice it HOT. If you notice it steaming, it may be as simple as tightening a hose clamp to replacing a hose.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 13 Jul 2010, 10:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

Check the nuts also they might have rattled loose also anywhere were you see pag oil theres a leak in the system.

Jedberg