Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
No interior lights after new FOB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jul 2010, 09:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default No interior lights after new FOB

I hope I'm not re-opening a subject that been discussed before (I searched the forum for it for 45 min but had no luck), but I recently had to have a new key / fob programmed to my 07 GT 5speed (done by dealership).

I the time I picked it up (9am in the morning) I hadn't noticed any issues.
However at night, I discovered the interior lights no longer turn on when you unlock the vehicle (with org FOB or new FOB), or exit the vehicle. The only way i can get them to turn on is with the multifunction switch.

Could it be that some selection during the programming sequence was disabled during the FOB setup?

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance.
86 Shelby GLHS #444
04 GT Inferno Red (auto and the wifes)
07 GT 5'er Black (mine)
President
Lone Star SDAC
Old 16 Jul 2010, 10:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: No interior lights after new FOB

I can't remember - I know there are options, like tooting the horn when you lock - I'd call the dealer and have them talk you thru it.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Jul 2010, 10:33 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: No interior lights after new FOB

Hey their GLHS444,

Maybe give this a try, and let me know if this does anything for you. If not, I have a couple other things that might work.

On your Key Fob:

1. Press the LOCK button for four to ten seconds.
2. While the LOCK button is pressed (after four seconds), press the PANIC button. Release both buttons.
The "Sound Horn On Lock" and "Flash Lamps With Lock" feature can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 16 Jul 2010, 10:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I would return to the dealer and let them figure it out!!! They did the programming.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 16 Jul 2010, 09:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Candyman, I tried your procedure, unfortunately it did not cure the issue. However, it did turn back on the honk function that was disabled earlier by me on the user settings, so the procedure works. I had to disable the honk feature though as I work nights (get home at 3am) and my driveway is 6 feet from my neighbors bedroom window....

I also tried Quicksilverdon and Hooligan suggestion, and I'm certain you can guess the dealership response (it was the one I expected from them).
They stated there must be some type of issue / open in the circuit to cause that issue and they need to troubleshoot the problem.
The tech that did the programming didn't know if there was a entry in the scan tool to toggle the interior lights or not.

I was just wondering if someone here may have ran into a similar issue. Just wanted to be an educated 'shopper' before the dealership tries to 'drive one home'...

Thanks again.
86 Shelby GLHS #444
07 GT 5'er Black (mine)
President
Lone Star SDAC
Old 17 Jul 2010, 01:42 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I know it may sound dumb, but it's happened at our shop a few times.

Have you checked the rotory knob for the dash light brightness? If it's all the way to the low setting, it shuts off the dome lights and they won't come back on until you move the knob to a higher setting. The tech may have bumped it and accidentally turned the lights off. Check this first.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 02:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Heifetz17...you nailed it...

man do i feel like an idiot..

Sure enough, the rotary knob was fully clockwise, which does disable that function...
Guess I need to read the manual it keep the loose nut behind the wheel tightened..

I'll be in the corner over there with my dunce cap on and my mouth shut...
86 Shelby GLHS #444
07 GT 5'er Black (mine)
President
Lone Star SDAC