Advertisements
Airbag light plus other problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jul 2010, 08:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Airbag light plus other problems

Hi All. New to this forum.
2006 Touring
My Airbag light comes on at start up and does not go out. My compass shows just two lines and the lights on the a/c switches don't come on. I've searched this forum and I am going to check out some of the other solutions for the airbag light problem. Maybe I'll stumble on to the problem. I hope.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 18 Jul 2010, 07:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Airbag light plus other problems

Bill, a few days ago, my Airbag light would not go out as soon as it always did before--but it did go out eventually. Also, I heard a warning "ding" noise as soon as I started the motor. The first guy said it was my airbag clock spring going bad. And that the airbag warning light would eventually stay on all the time.

Well, the following morning the engine wouldn't turn over. It just made an eh, eh, eh sound when I turned the key. So the same mechanic told me my battery was not up to snuff. The lights came on, I told him; but he said the battery would keep the lights on for a while, but my battery should be recharged--or replaced, anyway. I thought he was giving me some strange advice. But ...

... I took the battery out, and one cell was bad. I replaced the battery with a new one ... and lo and behold, the car started just fine--and the airbag light and warning "ding" went away, as well. It seems that the PT does weird warning signals when the battery is about to take a powder ....

Check the battery.

Tim
Old 18 Jul 2010, 07:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Airbag light plus other problems

Thanks Tim, I didn't even think about that. I'll check it out. The car starts fine since all this started happening, but you never know.
Some cars are just a drain, toilet, you pour money into. But this has been a good one so far.