Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
fuel pump, fuel filter or o2 sensor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jul 2010, 03:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default fuel pump, fuel filter or o2 sensor?

My 06 PT Cruiser bogs down every time I press on the gas, but idles just fine. Anyone else with this issue and do you have any suggestions? The check engine light also came on while this started going on.
Old 30 Jul 2010, 05:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: fuel pump, fuel filter or o2 sensor?

Welcome, do the "key dance" (info in the performance section) and let us know what code you get.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 06 Aug 2010, 10:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

no codes are displayed and I used an OBD II scanner also no codes. the scanner is good (I hooked it to the truck and it worked). so the i held in the trip button on the PT, turned the key to "on", and it looked like a test of some sort was going on. no code came up, but this is what was displayed in the odometer: sw ver 88, can 430, then lin ver 429. i was confused because some of these numbers matched my trip miles, so i don't think their codes. ??? i cleaned the maf, replaced air filter and added some fuel cleaner and it ran great. after 100 miles, cel light came on again and started putting. tonight i put on a new gas cap, thinking that maybe there just isn't a code for a faulty cap. any ideas?
Old 07 Aug 2010, 07:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Joey, you didn't do the key dance correctly. You have to turn the key from acc to start 3 times quickly to get the code,if any. If there are no codes, you will get a DONE. the info you stated are NOT codes. There is a "sticky" in the performance section of this website.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 08 Aug 2010, 10:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

When doing the "key dance", do I start this process with the key all the way OFF, or start it with the key in the "accelerator" position?
Old 08 Aug 2010, 11:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

All the way off. here's the instructions:

How to retrieve fault codes.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Aug 2010, 12:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

On the last turn the key just stays up, I think your going to need a camshaft position sensor

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 09 Aug 2010, 10:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Dino, you're exactly right. I finally got the "key dance" thing down right, thanks HOOLIGAN. Anyway, it said PO340 which is the cam shift sensor (right on Dino!). I went to Advance Auto Parts and got the sensor for $37. It looks fairly easy to put in, we'll see what I say about that tomorrow. I'm just glad to finally have an answer! I'll let you know if this stops the CEL from coming on. Thanks everyone for all your help. It is greatly appreciated.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 09:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Joey, our PT's don't like aftermarket sensors. OEM are the best.

Old 14 Aug 2010, 01:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi Hooligan. I am starting to figure that out. I thought I had it whooped when I realized the wiring harness thing was laying on a hot metal tube thing, so I moved it and secured it. I retorqued the sensor to 115 lbs, unhooked the battery for 1/2 hr and cleared codes. Then I test drove it out to the lake, and the CEL came on again once I hit 3000 rpm. I suppose it's time to return the faulty part and call Chrysler. Fun on a Saturday. Can I get OEM at the auto parts store? How much more is it?

thanks for all your input!!!

Joellen