Advertisements
Overhead Console

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Aug 2010, 03:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Overhead Console

In my Cruiser is no overhead console.
Its a 2.0ltr. Automatic. from 2002.
Now i bought one from a dutch member of the PT-mania forum.
Already found out that the temperature sensor is installed before my grill, with the colours Purple/green and Black/white.
But where do i find the harnas inside off my car?
Nothing is found in the A-pillars.
Mabey someone has some pics where the harnas should be found or should be installed?
Thanks for all the tips.

Henton
Old 03 Aug 2010, 12:58 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Overhead Console

If it's like certain other Chrysler models, there's no harness.

In some other models, when there was optional equipment (like an overhead console, for example), if the car didn't come with it, it didn't come with wiring either.

You may need a complete wiring harness as well.
Old 03 Aug 2010, 01:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

But why do i have the temperature sensor mounted and no wiring then?
And iff i dont have the wiring harnas off factory, my question is it possible to mount the harnas now?
So i can connect the console.
Only need to know where the harnas is mounted under the dash.
thanks,
Henton
Old 03 Aug 2010, 01:45 pm
Banned

henton (or Brutus64, your name on PT Crew) the answers you got over at PT Crew were very precise, consise and very understandable. They concluded that since you only had one of the two possable sensors behind the front grill, that you DID NOT have the sensor for the overhead console. The sensor that you do have is the one for the NGC engine ciontroller. It has to be there to feed info to the PCM. The other one that could be there is ONLY there if you have a overhead console from the factory. It would feed temps to the console. Your not having the second sensor means that you don't have the wireing from the nonexistant sensor in your wiring harness, nor under the dash and as you said over at the Crew, in either of your "A" pillars. That was the first place we asked you to look for the correct wiring and you said it wasn't there. Even Mad Max Asked you to look at #5 and #11 in one of the several schematics that we showed you to show you that the wire colors going to the NGC sensor were not the colors that were correct for the console. The colors coming out of your sensor were the NGC colors.

I cant believe that you can get the wireing that you need without buying a COMPLETE new harness. The only possability I can see is to run all new wiring (stop looking for the "harness" that doesn't seem to exist) after buying the correct second sensor from your dealer. To hook that up, I would take it to your nearest auto electric shop. Wire it wrong and you could "fry" your PCM in an instant.

Jerry
Old 03 Aug 2010, 02:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for your reply,
But i still got some questions.
1- there are more cruisers with 2.0ltr. engine that do have the overheadconsole installed, and they also have only one sensor.
2- the wiring colours do match with the temperature sensor in the wiring diagram and not with the NGC temp. sensor (violet/light green and black/light blue), dont know the colours off the NGC Sensor.
could it be that the 2.0ltr. engine dont have a NGC sensor and only the overhead console temp. sensor?
3- where are the wires going from underneath the dash to the A-pillar to the console.

I know that these questions are not easy, but i dont like to get al whole new wiring for only a clock and temperature in my car.
Old 03 Aug 2010, 02:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'm not sure about the overhead console but I do know that only the European cars have the 2.0 ltr engines and therefore they might be wired differently than the U.S. models.
Old 03 Aug 2010, 02:56 pm
Banned

Henton -- Brutus64 , You stated emphatically stated twice in your PT Crew thread that your wires on your one sensor were purple/ green and black/white. Now your saying that they are violet and light green. They can't be both and you've never mentioned those two colors until I mentioned that they were on the chart that Mad Max posted over at the crew. HHHmmmmmm.

Also I quote from what YOU posted over at the Crew:

"When I looked into the manual on the section on the overhead console, there i see two sensors
1. Air Temperature Sensor-NGC engine controller
2. Air Temperature Sensor- overhead console
But I see only one sensor at my car. How do I know which one is for the overhead console and what is the NGC controller for?"

End quote

Also, Liquid PT in the same thread at the PTCrew site, Posted a schematic (drawing) showing both sensors plain as day with labels.

You keep asking about where the harness is under the dash and you keep being told that these wires don't exist under your dash.

I don't understand why you can't understand this, unless of course, you're a FISHERMAN.

Jerry

Jerry
Old 04 Aug 2010, 01:30 am
Fresh Cruiser

I refer to the scart where i found the colours i need to have for the temp. sensor.
I still think i have the temp. sensor and not the NGC sensor.
Why? , Becourse more 2.0ltr. engines only have one sensor and they do have the console mounted.
At first i thought Purple was the same as violet, sorry for that confusion.
Not much differents between that colours i thought.
So now that confusion is out we can go on?
Why i ask where the wireing under the dash is connected ?
Becourse when i want to make my own wireing i want to know where to find the correct wires to cut.
Or mabey there is a connector somewhere. what i do see when i remove the A-pilars that there are 2 red connectors on both sides.
At my car there is only one wire comming out of that connector, but there are more going in, so who knows i need to wire form there?

Is it so odd that i want to find out how things work before i disconnect everything?
i thought the forums where made just for that but i can be wrong.
And iff you dont want to help then pls dont.
When i know something other people dont know i are very willing to help them to.
And no i am not a fisherman, just a guy who want to be sure about things.

Respect for you all

Last edited by Henton; 04 Aug 2010 at 01:32 am.
Old 01 Sep 2010, 12:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

So a small update,
I got myself a wiring harnas for the console and everything works great.
So i did have a temp. sensor pre installed as i thougt.
Took me about half a day to install the harnas and the console.
Old 01 Sep 2010, 04:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Congratulations to you, glad you were able to find the stuff already installed.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar