PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
300,000 YES PLEASE

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2010, 06:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Talking 300,000 YES PLEASE

I have a 2002 Pt...I love her to death. She is the best car I have ever had. I have 215,000+ miles on her and she's still running good. I even hit two deer back to back (yes at one time) and the only thing it hurt on her was the bumper and hood (raditor as well). I really think that my car will last 300,000 plus miles.

I'm just curious if anyone has gotten that many miles on their car yet?
Old 11 Aug 2010, 06:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 300,000 YES PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeecieWilson View Post
I have a 2002 Pt...I love her to death. She is the best car I have ever had. I have 215,000+ miles on her and she's still running good. I even hit two deer back to back (yes at one time) and the only thing it hurt on her was the bumper and hood (raditor as well). I really think that my car will last 300,000 plus miles.

I'm just curious if anyone has gotten that many miles on their car yet?

Wow that's great. Tell us some of what you have done to keep it going so long. Do you follow any kind of special maintenance routine?

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 11 Aug 2010, 06:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Actually no I haven't...I am really bad at car maintance and etc. I bought the car in 2005 with 44,000 miles on it and now she has 215,000 and change. I am slow on getting her oil changed and etc however she runs great. I did have to change the water pump on her and the timing belt when I first got her (2006 or 2007) but no really she has taken care of herself. I do use high milage oil now. I do have to keep an eye out on her radiator and fluid but other than that no. I haven't gave her a car wash since I got her. She just runs awesome.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:16 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thats great. I'm glad there are some really high mileage cruisers out there since I plan on keeping mine forever as well.

Are you planning on replacing the timing belt again soon? I wonder who has the most mileage...
Whipple Supercharger, BTG springs, Tokico shocks/struts, B&M short shifter, chrome GT 17" wheels, darkened tail lights, Chrome Grille, fuel door and vent knobs, painted bumpers, mirrors, airdam and center console, cueball shifter, Polk audio system w/ XM, Magnaflow muffler
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Oh no really I don't replace anything until it actually breaks lol. However I do know that soon (like 2 months) I am going to give her her first carwash and tune-up since I have had her. Other than that probably nothing until it needs it. I plan on keeping her until she dies which I hope is 300,000+ miles I'm pretty darn close...hey if my moms poopy Chevy Blazer can make it at 285,000 then I know my Pt can
Old 11 Aug 2010, 09:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You mean to tell us you've never changed the spark plugs or wires since you had the car?

Last edited by CREWZIN; 12 Aug 2010 at 06:31 am.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 07:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

What kind of mileage are you getting???

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 12 Aug 2010, 08:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I did read of onw with 240,000+ miles....but you're up there.
Wouldn't be a Silver Touring Edition, would it? Often wondered who got my '02....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 12 Aug 2010, 11:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

That's right I haven't changed the spark plugs or wires since i got it in Feb 2005. I promise you I am not lying I am amazed by the car...that's why instead of getting a new car I am keeping her.

I know she needs a/c recharge and I am going to get her a tune up but really I love this car.

My car is 2002 navy blue base the only thing I did to the car custom wise was put a cd player in it other than that she's still base.

I am getting about 21 miles to the gallon...that's roughly she gets pretty good gas mileage for having so many miles and having no tune up.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 11:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

OH one more thing. I bought spark plugs to change them about 1 year and a half ago but something came up and I never did I ended up returning them.

Tags
awesome, miles, pt cruiser