Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2004 turbos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2010, 11:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Angry 2004 turbos

Greeting fellow owners. I have a 2004 Pt cruiser. high oct turbo My wife and I change the oil in it every 3k-5k miles. In the past three years of ownership chrystler has replaced the turbo 4x's they say this is the last. they say there are oil issues. not enuff in it or lines clogged. we are not rough drivers and try to do the listed maint.. what more can we do than change oil every 3k-5k-miles.. the dodge dealer repair dood said this last time he changed turbo that the oil lines were so clogged they had to dig them out with i screwdriver!!

I dont know what we are doing wrong!! Maybe the Dealership we take it to real doesnt change oil and charges us for it. any suggestions?
Old 12 Aug 2010, 12:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2004 turbos

You may want to try a catch pan to get the blow by....that could solve you're problem also if you are not using Full Synthetic oil you could try that
Old 12 Aug 2010, 08:13 am
Senior Cruiser

Good advice up above. If your not handy and don't change your own oil than go to advance auto parts and pick up Mobil one or what I use Royal Purple and a K&N or Mobil one oil filter and than bring it to Jiffy lube and have them do it. Just make sure they fill the oil filter with some oil when they screw it on. You should only be running full Synthetic with a turbo.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 12 Aug 2010, 09:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The last two posts have your best advice. Your probably not using synthetic oil and after running your PT the owners manual plus every expert around advises owners to let the car idle a few minutes before turning the engine off. After running and you turn the engine off, the oil sits in one spot. Conventional oil will cook and clog up like the way you have described in your post. Synthetic oil can take the heat 100 times better than conventional oil. I'm really surprised the dealer didn't mention this.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 12 Aug 2010 at 09:08 am.