Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Transmission problem?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Aug 2010, 02:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Transmission problem?

I have a 2007 Convertible Touring Turbo. Automatic. Hasn't even hit 46k miles. Bought it back in April from a dealer and it had about 40K miles. My problem started maybe about 2 months or so ago, and what's happening is that when I'm driving and my car goes to shift from first to second gear, there is a thud. Sometimes it's light but sometimes you can clearly tell. Anyone else had or have this problem and does anyone has any suggestions on what it may be and how I can fix it? I put the anti-slip transmission fluid in it not long ago but it doesn't seem to be helping. And I've got the oil changed like needed.

-Thanks for any help.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 02:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Transmission problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTFORME View Post
I have a 2007 Convertible Touring Turbo. Automatic. Hasn't even hit 46k miles. Bought it back in April from a dealer and it had about 40K miles. My problem started maybe about 2 months or so ago, and what's happening is that when I'm driving and my car goes to shift from first to second gear, there is a thud. Sometimes it's light but sometimes you can clearly tell. Anyone else had or have this problem and does anyone has any suggestions on what it may be and how I can fix it? I put the anti-slip transmission fluid in it not long ago but it doesn't seem to be helping. And I've got the oil changed like needed.

-Thanks for any help.
Do you have the right ATF in it, you should only be using ATF +4 And that anti slip stuff might make it worse. You may want to have it flushed out at the dealer or you can save a few bucks and buy the right stuff yourself and bring it to a place like Pep Boys or Jiffy Lube and have them use their flushing machine. Just make sure you bring the right stuff because the stuff they use is wrong.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 12 Aug 2010, 02:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

About how much does it cost to get a flush?
Old 12 Aug 2010, 02:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I usually go to Merchant's and they price it at $140 before any discounts. -How often should this be done? I'd hate to spend that kind of money and it not fix it. I'm gonna see if I can get my mechanic friend to drive it and see what he thinks.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 04:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Trans flush should be done every 50,000 miles....ATF + 4 only.
I paid close to $200.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles