Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Power window, Heater fan and Airbag light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2010, 04:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Angry Power window, Heater fan and Airbag light

OK so I resolved my starting problem but in the mean time another problem has occurred. There was a remote car starter installed that did not work properly. I had starting issues so I unplugged the Remote Starter and try to start the car which didn't work so I plugged the Remote starter back in. In the midst of doing all of this and due to the STELLAR install job that was done on the remote starter some of the wires started to wrap around the steering column and caused some fuses to pop. One of them was the 30amp one that controls the mentioned above in the tittle. Replaced the fuse still the windows and stuff don't work. Some wires had been pulled and ripped under the steering wheel which I have reconnected (i think i got them all) but I did notice the Purple/Gray wire coming from the firewall under the hood. The purple wire goes around the front of the engine and into a harness on the passenger side but the Gray wire is just hanging loose, not connected to anything... Does anyone know where this gray wire goes or what its for I am just assuming that it is for the mentioned above hope I am correct.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the 03 PT Cruiser that would help as well.

I am starting to get annoyed with this car. I hope I can get it going fine again soon then ill be a happy camper again and so will my wife.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 04:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Power window, Heater fan and Airbag light

I can't tell you where a single gray wire would go but I can tell you the Haynes and Chilton do a full repair manual for around $20 and both have about 20 pages of electrical schematics on the lights, doors, windows, starting system, charging system, radio, air conditioning etc. If there's one particular page you want I can scan it and put in on the forum.

Here's the 2001-2003 Starting System

Last edited by CREWZIN; 19 Aug 2010 at 05:13 pm.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I live in a small town in North Western Ontario Canada. That book is a bit harder to find then not. I think they have to order one but I think that is what I am going to have to do.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I picked up the Haynes manual at a local auto store but then saw the Chilton manual on-line. I thought it was different and might have more information in it but it turns out it's like an almost identical copy of the Haynes.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 10:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

is there a wire diagram for the power windows? if you could scan that one in i would appreciate it. since i can't find a book anywhere.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 10:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Like to help but book says" Power Window (with express down module) 2002 and later (1 of 5). Is there one particular part of the system you want?

For each picture I have to scan each page (holding the book on the scanner). Move the copied page to me Adobe Photo Delux program to get it to the right size. Transfer it over to Photobucket and then get it over here. Don't mind with a single page.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 10:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

it would be for the main fuse connection under the hood that controls the power windows, heater fan....
Old 22 Aug 2010, 10:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

OK, first of all for the 01-15 models it doesn't show a diagram from under the hood. It starts from the 20A circuit breaker that's in your interior fuse box. If you look at the inside flap of the cover for the interior fuse box, your see two circuit breakers on the very top. The left one is a 20A circuit breaker for the P/WDO (Power Windows). The right one is a 25A for the HD-LP SW (Headlamp Switch).

Second, the heater fan is controlled by the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation A/C). That has a 25A fuse lower in the fuse box and it's the No#7 fuse with the title HVAC Blower.
Old 04 Sep 2010, 05:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Had to take a break from fixing the car for a bit had too much on my plate else where also too much rain.... anyway I figured out that Grey wire is for the issue above the only problem is that it has pulled away from the "Power Distribution Center (PDC)" Does anyone know how to remove the PDC or open it up so i can re-attach the wire?

Any help is appreciated and all past comments definitely helped me directly or indirectly.

Tags
airbag light, heater, windows