PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

help..limp mode

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation help..limp mode

I know this is gonna end up with car in shop so I am not trying to fool myself what i want to know is it gonna be fixed ..of course the low relay quit on fan and in this hot weather made it run hot, then as with every other car decided that i would find power and run a wire to a switch wire."cig light." and have a fan..wala WRONG it worked but then the car wont change gears..ran fine no probs. then just like that my car is a pile of metal..whats it gonna taketo revearse this? 02'touring edition
Old 21 Aug 2010, 11:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: help..limp mode

btw,
it did have error codes 1490 and 1495 which has been fixed. other than that no error codes. also something else that is strnge is we cant get switch power to these relays or the tcm relay.they have battery power and ground is good.
Old 09 Sep 2010, 08:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: help..limp mode

ok just in case anyone has this problem.....unhooked the straight wire to the fan changed the temp. sensor because of it being stuck in limp in mode we took it to a mechanic I trusted he found a fuse blown to the tcm which was probably blown when the fan was straight wired ran a flash on it and charged me a hundred bucks ..the good news so far so good...woohooo