Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
No headlights, turn signals, or wipers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Sep 2010, 09:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default No headlights, turn signals, or wipers.

I've already been lurking around and reading some threads, but I'm still having trouble.

We have an '06 TE that recently lost everything coming off of the column. Head lamps, wipers, signals, etc. We don't have fog lights. My girlfriend just bought it used a little over a month ago with about 50k on it.

We've checked fuses, and I just tried replacing the MF switch. Still no love. Is there something else I might be missing?

I just came back in, frustrated. I just bolted the new MF switch on, and plugged it in as well as the wiper connection. No dice.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. We're using my subaru sans AC at night, and her PT during the day.
Not having a turning signal is maddening.
Old 01 Sep 2010, 09:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: No headlights, turn signals, or wipers.

The wiring harness goes down the steering column and some people found that the wires were stretched or broken or came apart at the junction because of the adjustable column.
Old 01 Sep 2010, 09:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks CREWZIN.

I'll check that as soon as I have daylight.

Electrical problems terrify me.
Old 21 Dec 2012, 02:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Talking Re: No headlights, turn signals, or wipers.

2006 PT... 67,000 miles. Replaced Multi switch and had no problems. This was the fix! Took about 20 min. only because I could not see the heads of the screws. Also, found best to remove center screw on bottom of steering wheel console (Torx) to give a bit of play so you can see the one hold down screw on the multi switch. The two screws that need to be removed to remove the top of column are phillips,they are located on the underside of the steering column nearest the steering wheel also, Disconnect negative post on battery, wait at least two minutes. This is to avoid air bag deployment. No need for Dealer or mechanic/ shop. I wish all fixes could be this easy! Don't be afraid to do this!
Old 21 Dec 2012, 02:37 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishermank1 View Post
2006 PT... 67,000 miles. Replaced Multi switch and had no problems. This was the fix! Took about 20 min. only because I could not see the heads of the screws. Also, found best to remove center screw on bottom of steering wheel console (Torx) to give a bit of play so you can see the one hold down screw on the multi switch. The two screws that need to be removed to remove the top of column are phillips,they are located on the underside of the steering column nearest the steering wheel also, Disconnect negative post on battery, wait at least two minutes. This is to avoid air bag deployment. No need for Dealer or mechanic/ shop. I wish all fixes could be this easy! Don't be afraid to do this!
This was the fix for what? Were you having the same issues as the original poster? He said he replaced his and that wasn't the fix for him. Had you tried unhooking the battery first before replacing the switch? Because you could have reset the TIPM which fixed the issue and there was nothing wrong with your original switch. Plus this thread is two years old.