Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
clutch pedal play in 2006 5-spd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Sep 2010, 04:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default clutch pedal play in 2006 5-spd

Hi all, new here but I doubt this is a common question...

I just bought a 2006 base model with the 5-speed manual transmission. I like driving it but there isn't much freeplay in the clutch. Can the pedal be adjusted to provide more play?

Thanks ahead for any info,

melluna
Old 05 Sep 2010, 05:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: clutch pedal play in 2006 5-spd

If you do a search on "clutch adjustment" there's a number of older threads that talk about the adjustment.

Here's acouple of them:

Photo of clutch adjustment bolt?

???Clutch pedal adjustment???

...and from PT Do-It-Yourself.net:

I have a 2003 TE PT w/manual transmission. I haven't seen any information on the web site concerning clutch adjustment or free-play inspection for manual transmission equipped Cruisers. Is it required (or possible) to adjust the clutch on these cars, as older cars required?

The PT's clutch is self-adjusting and controlled hydraulically

---------------------------

I have a 2001 LE PT with 40kmiles. Does the manual clutch adjustment allow the clutch pedal to be stopped sooner -- i.e. not return as far back towards the driver? The current return point causes me to lift my left leg too much resulting in painful back strain. Is the adjustment screw on the clutch master cylinder pushrod located under the dash or in the engine compartment? - Steve, from Maryland.

The position is somewhat limited. The pedal must return to the fully up position to engage the upstop switch. The adjustment screw on the clutch master cylinder pushrod is located under the dash.

Follow up from owner - Thanks for the feedback. I took your suggestions to the local Chrysler dealer. A mechanic in their shop was able to adjust the CMC enough to alleviate the back strain. It took a few tweaks to get the shifting to work properly.