PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
MYSTERY...dash going nuts and car turning off!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2010, 09:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy MYSTERY...dash going nuts and car turning off!!!!!

Ok, I am the owner of a 2006 PT. It has been all good until recently. The only after market thing on it is a remote starter. I just had 4 new tires installed and an alignment. When they did the alignment, my car was out of wack so bad, they did some other work (all is good because I know the person who did). On my way home from the shop, the dash board lights and gauges went nuts. I thought nothing of it, just a fluke thing.
A week later (yesterday), the same thing started to happen…but it got progressively worse to the point of shutting my car off. So I put her in park and re started her with no problems. Drove right home and checked battery connections, all good. Drove it this morning and just experiences the dashboard chaos – car kept going.
***Now about 3 weeks ago, my car’s gas light came on and registered 30 miles until empty. I may have drove 5 miles on that and was in route to gas station and the dashboard went nuts and then my car shut down….could this be related????? I have NEVER gotten that low on gas before….
Or is it something to do with my remote starter malfunctioning or do I need to clean all connections?
Should I start with checking for codes? Help me out…I am definitely not mechanically inclined.
CAN ANYONE ASSIST ME?????????
Thanks-
Bubbles
Old 15 Sep 2010, 11:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: MYSTERY...dash going nuts and car turning off!!!!!

Welcome Bubbles, yes, check the codes. Some have found that the battery is going, clean all battery connections. Good Luck and let us know what is happening with it.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:49 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to kingofyo1 Send a message via MSN to kingofyo1 Send a message via Yahoo to kingofyo1 Send a message via Skype™ to kingofyo1
Default Re: MYSTERY...dash going nuts and car turning off!!!!!

from everything i've seen, that type of issue is battery related, as previous poster suggested. ^x2000 on keeping your connections clean, also you may want to get your battery levels checked to verify your battery isn't on its way out
Old 16 Sep 2010, 11:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Wink Re: MYSTERY...dash going nuts and car turning off!!!!!

Just wanted to put and update out there. Did the key dance and nothing came back on codes, just 'done'. Yesterday a friend looked at some connections and made sure everything was secure and I have not had an issue since. I am going to do the whole cleaning of the connections and keep my fingers crossed!!!