Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
hot starting issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Sep 2010, 11:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default hot starting issue

I have a 2001 that has developed a unique problem. Starts fine, runs good, but if you shut off after driving for twenty minutes or so, and try to restart, it won't. If you wait five minutes, and then try again, it starts. I have replaced the plugs and wires, run Sea foam through the fuel system, had the dealer look for error codes, and had a thorough fuel syetem cleaning done at the dealership. The preventive maintenance has helped the performance, but still have the same hot starting issue. The dealership tested the fuel pump pressure, and suggested the " turn the key but don't crank it over" test to build fuel pressure etc. Tried replacing the relay for the fuel pump, but still no fix to the mystery? Anybody else been through this one? Hoping that it is a sensor and not time to replace the fuel pump.