Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
air intake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool air intake

HI all sorry if im posting in wrong area but i found that if u pull out the plastic small access to your front headlight on the left side wheel well,i can see into my air intake i have been running cooler and have a very cool whooshing sound its like a direct cold air with the air box mod! please tell me if this has been done by any of u thanks!
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: air intake

You also better hope it doesn't start raining because the amount of water that's gonna splash into that access hole will make a mess of everything you can see, including the wiring for the lights.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 03:08 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Ive noticed it and havent left it like that for the very reason that crewzin stated. I recently modded my modded one...i guess...ill post a thread soon asking any thoughts about it
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 05:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Its better to run a 2"-2" hose (from lowes/homedepot/etc..) from the lower grill all the way through the fenderliner up to your air box. Make a few holes in the bottom though for rain to escape.

You can get a 3" adapter at autozone/pep boys/etc.. (i think its spectra brand?) and adapt to the hose. Open the airbox same size too. Just did wifes 06' and looks stock under hood after painting flat black but gets better MPG as a result.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 07:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

That's exectly what I did, spectre also makes an air filter for short-rams that's open on the end and semi-hollow, so you can run a hose right into it , via the same place where the stock air box goes down . Spectre makes quite a few good products. Wouldn't recommend using their pipes, bur their adapters and filters are very good
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.