Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 a/c fan issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Sep 2010, 11:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Angry 2006 a/c fan issue

The a/c on my 06 Cruiser blows warm when car is stopped and idling and when in park. I can hear the compressor cycling on and off but the fan does not seem to be on. I've read other posts about the fan, but I was wondering what would be a good way to test the fan. There is a connector on the shroud after the relays with one black and two blue wires. Could you jump these to see if both fans speeds work? Could it just be the pcm not sending the correct signal? Is it the low pressuer switch? I really don't want to go back to the dealer since I trust them as far as I can throw them.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 11:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 a/c fan issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpt06 View Post
The a/c on my 06 Cruiser blows warm when car is stopped and idling and when in park. I can hear the compressor cycling on and off but the fan does not seem to be on. I've read other posts about the fan, but I was wondering what would be a good way to test the fan. There is a connector on the shroud after the relays with one black and two blue wires. Could you jump these to see if both fans speeds work? Could it just be the pcm not sending the correct signal? Is it the low pressuer switch? I really don't want to go back to the dealer since I trust them as far as I can throw them.
Welcome mv to the Forum!!! If you do a search for fan you will find more info than you want.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 25 Sep 2010, 04:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 a/c fan issue

Sounds like you have two problems. Fast cycling of the compressor should mean your low on R134a but the fan should be on when the A/C is running. I'm not familiar with the 06 and above wiring layout so can't help you test the fan.