Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Battery placment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Sep 2010, 07:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Battery placment

Wanting to reposition the battery slightly, maybe move it against the fuse box and maybe just turn it sideways. Has anyone done this?
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 08:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Battery placment

The bolt and battery hold piece won't let you move it but if you can figure out how to keep it from moving around, there's nothing stopping you from moving it a little. Not much room in there to move it far. I believe there's a batter box/tray that it sits in also so that will make it harder to move.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 08:43 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Ya, ive taken it apart and looked how everything was mounted and it appears the huge brace underneath the tray is on there to stay :/ I didnt want to move the battery but maybe 6 inches back, reason being, i want to reposition my air intake downwards to be able to get less of an angle out of the air tube i have fed into the end. And the battery is right in the way. It appears i could move it back without much trouble but mounting the tray seems to be the tricky part.
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 01:50 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Ya, the tray doesn't really seem to have anything to fasten to if you were to move it. Ive seen people do it, and i would try it if i was adventurous enough, but i really dont want to open a can of worms on this one