Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Cold air tubing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Oct 2010, 09:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Cold air tubing

I currently have an after market filter on my '05 Cruiser, however I ran it directly to where the old filter's lid attached. In order for the filter to not be dangling I had to keep the old filter in, just minus the lid, that way the new cone filter had somewhere to sit. It looks shotty and is making the cone hit the inside of the hood. So I was wondering where I could get JUST the tube for a filter. I only want metal or carbon fiber tubing please, no plastic.

PS: I'm sure someone will yell at me and say it's not a cold air intake, and I'm aware, it's just easier than trying to describe some miscellaneous aftermarket intake.

Last edited by Delicroix; 11 Oct 2010 at 09:51 am.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 02:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Cold air tubing

I would really like to see a picture, because i think i know what you mean, but honestly think its a simple problem
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 02:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Whats wrong with it dangling? Mine is held right where I want it only by the where it attaches to the throttle body. Tightening the clamps on the red silicone transfer part holds the tube and filter anyplace I want it to be. I have it right above my Ahooga Horn nd it doesn't touch the horn and low enough that it doesn't touch the hood when it's closed.

Old 11 Oct 2010, 07:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: Cold air tubing

Crewzin,
I think that it depends on the meaning of "What is" dangling!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 12 Oct 2010, 11:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I just parked the car and closed up the garage, so I'll probably take and post a picture before I start on my tweeters tomorrow
And that tubing looks perfect for me Crewzin, though I would like one a little more that has more length and brings the filter closer to the front of the car (to get more direct and cooler air obviously).
Old 13 Oct 2010, 12:06 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicroix View Post
I just parked the car and closed up the garage, so I'll probably take and post a picture before I start on my tweeters tomorrow
And that tubing looks perfect for me Crewzin, though I would like one a little more that has more length and brings the filter closer to the front of the car (to get more direct and cooler air obviously).
IT honestly cant go much close to the front due to the battery. and even if you could, it wouldnt help. The coldest air is going to come from over the fender on the right, Not the front of the car.

I have a hose that feeds into the hole in the front of my filter. Thats where the cold air comes from. But its still going to pull in hot air no doubt
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 08:49 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Coop

What brand short rams are those in the pictures? I want to do the air intake but don't know what brands are good for the PT. I am still new to the PT and the site
Old 13 Oct 2010, 10:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

@Freezinghot That is actually really innovative! I like that a lot, could you direct me to where you got those parts exactly? And where does the small intake tube that goes to the valve cover (I believe) attach on this set up?
Old 13 Oct 2010, 10:30 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Coop

I just looked at his parts in his signature:

CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose
Old 13 Oct 2010, 03:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

It originally started out as a CGS Motorsport short ram intake. I really like the materials they used in construction the metal tube and the quality of the power coat.
It came with a closed end filter, so i bought a specter open end filter so that i can feed a hose into the end of it.