Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
rough idle after changing timing belt on 01 pt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Oct 2010, 03:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Post rough idle after changing timing belt on 01 pt

i changed the timing belt on my pt cruiser and now it has a rough idle. i also replaced the spark plugs also but not the wires. on top of that now it has tripped a dtc p0134-o2 circuit no activity detected b1 s1. i have been told that it could possibly be the idle air control motor causing the rough idle, which i am also uncertain how to test. when i changed the belt i made absolutely sure to get the timing marks lined up exactly. if any one knows what may be causing these issues i would be happy to hear from you. thank you, randy
Old 13 Oct 2010, 03:41 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: rough idle after changing timing belt on 01 pt

Well look for easy stuff first, vacume lines, etc.. Something you took off is not on correctly (intake?).

Worst case the belt is on a cog off, I have only read on the belt change so NO IDEA if it will run a cog off, or what you may have on to lose or? I'm sure somebody will chime in.. Rough Idle is normaly a vacume leak or something not bolted on well in the intake.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 03:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: rough idle after changing timing belt on 01 pt

Sorry, 9 out of 10 who had rough idle after a timing belt change were a tooth off. Like clok1966 said, check the easy things first but my money's on the tooth.