Advertisements
Transmission Control Module

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jtwheels2007

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Oct 2010, 11:13 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Transmission Control Module

Has anyone replaced the Transmission Control Module on their PT themselves. I have located a replacement and I know how to get the old one off, I was just wondering if anyone has any lessons learned or expereince they can share with me.
Old 18 Oct 2010, 08:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Transmission Control Module

I actually did the job today - took a max about 30 minutes.
Turn the wheel all the way to the left. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery. Take the three screws off the fender shield and and push it out of the way so that the wheel holds it out of the way. Remove the one screw holding the electrical connector to the the TCM and remove the electrical connector. Use a rachet with a 10mm socket and remove the three screws holding the TCM bracket to the body. Since no new TCM to be found in country, I found a used TCM by going on the following Website Used Auto Parts - Used Car Parts, which gave me several vendors with prices ranging from $110 to $300. I got the part from Southern Auto Parts with a 90 guarantee. Installed everything in reverse order and the car started right up, the P700 code went out and the car is running fine again.

Old 03 May 2011, 06:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Transmission Control Module

I am so glad you posted. I am listening to my mechanic whine about how long and how hard it is to replace this part, guessssss not. Thanks
Old 04 Aug 2011, 08:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

my car has been booked for two days now just to put a new transmission control module on my 2007 model.
Old 09 Feb 2013, 03:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Jtwheels2007

my check engine light came on recently, and code came back for TCM. Is there a way of 'testing' tcm itself before i replace it. Could it possibly be a bad wire or something? I dont want to replace unit if theres a way of testing it to know for a FACT that its faulty
2007ptc likes this.
Old 02 Jun 2013, 10:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I replaced mine and it still didnt work. light is still on and it wont shift out of first