Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
oil pressure light sticks on

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Oct 2010, 07:57 am
Regular Cruiser

Default oil pressure light sticks on

My oil light does not go out with the original morning startup about half of the time. The oil pressure comes up after a moment, but there is a feature where after a short time delay, the light will lock on, and itís necessary to turn the key off and restart to get the light to go off. The light goes out promptly with every subsequent start of the day, and I donít think I have a real oil pressure problem, but this is obviously a condition I will not ignore. Itís an 05 Turbo lite about 60,000 miles and still under warranty. I have always used 5W-30 synthetic oil and have actually tried 3 different oil filters of various brands just to make sure itís not a filter drainback valve problem. I suspect itís an overly sensitive pressure switch rather than a bearing or oil pump problem, as it doesnít happen with every startup. I will be taking it in to the dealer soon, Iím just curious if anybody else has seen this.
On another note, my gas gauge stuck low with the low fuel light on this morning. I filled up, took six gallons and the gauge and light are now reading correctly. I havenít seen this problem before, have to wonder if anybody has seen this problem before either?
Old 28 Oct 2010, 08:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: oil pressure light sticks on

There's been numerous cases with a failed oil pressure sensor. Usually replacing the sensor has fixed the problem.

Haven't seen anything about the low fuel light getting stuck.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 06:54 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: oil pressure light sticks on

I replaced the sending unit, and that fixed the problem as expected. The gas guage issue was a one time thing, at least so far.