Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Diesel PT Cruiser Water Leak!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Nov 2010, 04:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Diesel PT Cruiser Water Leak!

Help my Silver 2.2L Diesel CRD Touring PT Cruiser has a water leak!.
Steam was coming out from under the hood but the temp dial was at mid point. I lifted the hood and the steam was coming up from the back of the engine next to the Turbo. On inspection a hole has appeared in a metal pipe junction that is bolted on the back of the engine. This metal junction has 4 pipes connected to it, one from below the engine, one from above the engine, one from the heater matrix and the last one from the cooling expansion tank. The hole is like a pin prick in the metal pipe that looks as if it has worn away from the inside. This all seemed straight forward to replace but can I get the part in the UK. I have searched the web trying to locate the part but without any joy. My normal PT Cruiser parts supplier does not stock them and was no help what so ever. I have even gone to a breakers who will only sell the part with a whole engine. Does anyone know where I can get this part from. I do so miss Cruising in my PT.
Old 05 Nov 2010, 05:09 pm
Banned

Default Re: Diesel PT Cruiser Water Leak!

I'm sure Crewzin will be here shortly to give you Tonys (Blue Crewza's) club site. It of course is an english club and been around a long time. For one thing they know where all the salvage yard PTs are. They even (with Mr. Mikes help) picked up some parts for me. I tried to get some "export only" parts from my local Chrysler dealer and was told that parts that are differant than ours here in the states are just that, export purchase only. So we can't even buy them here in the states to ship to you. Sorry.

For that same reason, I'm not familiar with the part you're describing, but it sounds like maybe you could remove it and then have a local welder or fabricator do some "rebuilding" of the faulty part?

Jerry
Old 05 Nov 2010, 05:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yes, the UK PT Cruiser site will beable to help you with your diesel questions. Here's the site:

UK Cruisers Club web site dedicated to the Chrysler PT Cruiser

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Nov 2010, 11:23 am
Cool Cruiser

If the leak is small, and coming from the radiator fluid, you may be able to stuff some radiator sealant (powder; costs about $5) in the radiator.

It may help you for the mean time.

If it is not steam coming from the radiator, (and I've never heard of a turbo using the steam of a radiator), the above solution would not help you.