Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
:question:daytime running lights!!!:question:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Nov 2010, 11:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default :question:daytime running lights!!!:question:

ok fellow pt friends I need HELP PLEASE Does anyone know how to disable daytime running lights??
I just installed H.I.D. lights in my highs, lows and fog lights and when I put my car in drive since there is only enough power to light the highs up enough to be seen but not enough to power my H.I.D's so it causes them to flicker and I don't need them blowing on me!!!!

So please HELP
Old 07 Nov 2010, 11:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: :question:daytime running lights!!!:question:

Some of the PT Cruiser owners say that you have a separate fuse for the DRL's so you have to find it and take it out.

Others say to use this as a guide:

DADRL - How To Disable DRLs

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Nov 2010, 01:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

My 2010 PT has day time driving lights and that is probably OK but I hope that does not cause the headlights to burn out much faster. OK the thing with the day time lights is when you use the turn signals the head light on that side goes out, it is made to do that??? I have been watching for other Big C cars to see if thay also turned out the light when the turn signal was on but have not seen any yet. But I did see a new Audi the other day that did it. So maybe Chrysler is not all that crazy after all.
Old 07 Nov 2010, 03:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

my 08 does it and I havn't seen any other chrysler's do it and in my opinion I think it is a way of wasting bulbs faster.
Old 07 Nov 2010, 03:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey crewziin that site doesn't have the pt listed so I hope my owners manual says something I looked in the index and found nothing for DRL's if you know someone who has found the fuse maybe you can send them my way with the info on what fuse it is???

Thanks
Old 07 Nov 2010, 03:55 pm
Banned

Your dealer would be the obvious choice for the first place I would ask if there is a fuse for those lights. Actually, now that I think about it, its the second place. The first would be the log that is on the inside of the cover for the interior fusebox and then the log that is on the inside of the cover for the engine compartment fuse box (the PDC). Really doesn't get much easier than either of those choices.

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 07 Nov 2010 at 03:57 pm.
Old 07 Nov 2010, 05:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey wwpptc here is where I sound like a moron where is the inside fuse panel... I havn't seen one yet and I'm actually in the middle of running wires inside for L.E.D. lights I am mounting to light up the floor...

your help is appreciated and thank you in advance!!!

THANKS
Old 07 Nov 2010, 06:07 pm
Banned

No problem, glad to help. Most PT owners don't know it's there because they've never had a need to know. It's right in front of you brake master cylinder and just a couple inches down. You'll probably have to remove your air filter box to expose it. The top of it is just a press fit . Pop it off and its legend is on the underside of the cover. Your positive jump start point is part of the PDC. Let us know what you find so we can use it for future referance.

Jerry
Old 07 Nov 2010, 06:20 pm
Banned

I just realized that you might have been talking about the one inside the cabin. If so, then at least on the early PTs, its inside the cabin, near your left knee as you are driving. It's about half way down from the top of the dash. It's a pop-off cover that you can easily see when sitting in the drivers seat. The reason i say on the early PTs is because on the coverts that fuse box was done away with by Chrysler for no reason that I could ever figure out. I don't know if it's also deleted on the later hardtops.

Jerry
Old 07 Nov 2010, 10:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

2006 and newer only have the one under the hood.