Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
AIRAID Problem/Flaw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jun 2002, 03:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default AIRAID Problem/Flaw

I have the AIRAID intake which makes driving more fun, for sure, but I discovered a flaw in the design. After washing my car yesterday, I was looking under the hood and noticed water in the bottom of the airbox. Yes, I installed it correctly. It must push up on the hood enough to break the seal, allowing water in. Anyone else notice this?

Old 10 Jun 2002, 11:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

I've not had any water in my Airaid, installed 6 months ago. Did you cut the rubber seal under the hood beside the air box, as suggested as an option in the instructions? Perhaps the water is entering there. Also, the bottom airbox receives air from within the wheel well; was high pressure water applied in that area?

Good luck. Water in the intake is not a good thing.

Alan

2002 Inferno Red LE, plus Mille Miglia 11-2 chrome 17x8, Bridgestone RE730, Polk DX7 rear speakers, Airaid intake, Bassani dual exhaust, Hedman 4-2-1 header, Eibach springs, Progress anti-sway bars.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 10:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I did not cut the weather strip/heat seal at all. I did spray inside the wheel wheels to knock the dust out of there, but I am pretty sure that the air is drawn from an area that runs from the lower front to up and over the wheel well. If it were drawn from the wheel well, there would be a lot of water, dirt, and brake dust entering directly into the intake. Can anyone confirm this? Can I get a witness?