Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
this any good?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Dec 2010, 03:46 am
Cool Cruiser

Default this any good?

was trying to find stage one for my 2006 NA manual PT and i found this, anyone know if this actualy works or if its snake oil?

Performance Distributors Chrysler PT Cruiser 18V Mini-VIP Ignition Booster 01-Up - AutoTruckToys.com
Old 01 Dec 2010, 05:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: this any good?

Waste of money. You don't need it.
Old 01 Dec 2010, 07:04 am
Cool Cruiser

thanks, just cheaking
Old 01 Dec 2010, 07:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Their spark plug wires are a good idea - way better than stock, but save your money on the other stuff

Performance Distributors Chrysler PT Cruiser LiveWires High-Performance Plug Wires 01-Up - AutoTruckToys.com

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 01 Dec 2010, 08:12 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by urimashe
was trying to find stage one for my 2006 NA manual PT and i found this, anyone know if this actualy works or if its snake oil?
I thought Stage 1, 2 and 3 kits were for Cruisers with a Turbo only?
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324
Old 01 Dec 2010, 05:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyerrol View Post
I thought Stage 1, 2 and 3 kits were for Cruisers with a Turbo only?
Stage 1, 2 and 3 were only for the Neon Turbo. Stage 1 Computer and injectors or just the computer for 2004 and above) only is for the Turbo PT.
Old 02 Dec 2010, 12:32 am
Cool Cruiser

oh, turbo only huh? hmm what do you suggest i do to improve my PT then, other than the plugs, wires, distributor, exhaust, intake. i want this thing running real good.
Old 02 Dec 2010, 08:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by urimashe View Post
oh, turbo only huh? hmm what do you suggest i do to improve my PT then, other than the plugs, wires, distributor, exhaust, intake. i want this thing running real good.
Everything you said, except the distributor (the PT doesn't have one) and your PT will be running at it's best. If you want to turn it into a tire burning, stoplight to stoplight racer, either come up with lots of cash or trade it in for the Turbo model.
Old 03 Dec 2010, 04:13 am
Cool Cruiser

not looking to race, but it is fun to hit the gas now and then, but i just want it to be the best i can be. couldent you modify this one with a turbo thou? probly not the best idea cuz you would need to improve the cooling system, and probly computer
Old 03 Dec 2010, 07:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You mean add a turbo to the non-turbo PT? It's been brought up hundreds of times and 99 out of 100 the bottom line is, it's probably easier and cheaper to trade it in and buy a turbo PT. Lots of parts and a lot more labor involved then just dropping the turbo in. The computer, wiring, plumbing for just a start.

The Turbo PT also has a different (stronger) engine to hold up to the Turbo pressure. Not that it can't be done but try a search on this forum on adding a turbo.