PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
what is this stage 1 i keep hearing about?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Dec 2010, 07:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default what is this stage 1 i keep hearing about?

ok i now im just the new guy but i have been reading some post and keep hearing about all the people with this "stage 1" kit how it is so good is it a "stage 1" turbo or something else also were would i get this "stage 1" deal?

thanks
Old 06 Dec 2010, 08:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: what is this stage 1 i keep hearing about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bev View Post
ok i now im just the new guy but i have been reading some post and keep hearing about all the people with this "stage 1" kit how it is so good is it a "stage 1" turbo or something else also were would i get this "stage 1" deal?

thanks
Welcome bev, the stage one is for Turbos only, if you don't have a turbo, it wouldn't work.
Someone who knows about turbos may suggest where you can get one.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 06 Dec 2010, 08:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

First do you have auto or manual? If manual, just get a Diablosport Predatorhttp://www.diablosport.com/

Its much cheaper and will give you more HP. If your auto, you still can get more HP but the mopar stage1 is the only way to get better performance in the shifting. You can run stage1 and the Diablosport Predator together for the best performance. Want even more? Then go to a tuner and they can safely get another 30+HP using the Diablosport Predator

But.....they no longer make stage1, all you can find is used or old stock and they are getting almost rare these days. Every once in a while one pops up. If you find one, its must be for the same year as yours and tranny type. You then send it to flightsystems to flash your VIN to it so it will ork.

Of course, if your not turbo, none of this applies as it is for turbo cars only.

Last edited by xwing777; 06 Dec 2010 at 08:57 pm. Reason: typo
Old 08 Dec 2010, 07:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

ok first off i have a manual and i already have the diablo i just thought it was a move indepth tuner but now that i know i have the better one i will stick with it and second thing is that yea mine is turboed sorry for not putting that in the desciption thanks for the help.
Old 09 Dec 2010, 10:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

What year? If you have a Predator, are you running the 93 tune? It's very close to stage 1. I have a custom race tune that takes my car near to stage 3, only problem is the clutch can't handle the horsepower and slips at WOT in 2nd and 3rd.

You can do your own custom tunes, but if you go to Diablo's web site you can check in on specific tunes for your year/model. Also, if you bought your Predator from them they offer you one free custom tune.

If you really want to boost performance, you need to find a tuner with a dyno. You can't really get past stage 1 without running your PT on a dyno.

One thing you can do is find an open road away from traffic, hook up your Predator to a laptop and log some pulls. Send those logs to the guys at Diablo Sport and they will use that to create a tune for you.

All depends on what you want to do and how serious you are about doing it. Me, I have mine dyno'd twice a year to tweak the tunes. I have a nice performance tune, an economy tune for long trips, and three different race tunes.

Mind you, you can only run one at a time...lol...