PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rear and Front Fog Lights not working-Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Dec 2010, 03:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Angry Rear and Front Fog Lights not working-Help!

Hi Folks,
I've had my Cruiser for just three weeks and this is my first post.
Last week I discovered that neither my rear nor my front fog lights worked so I have searched all the forums for help. I have now dismantled and re-assembled the Multifunction Switch four times cleaning every contact in the process (thanks to lots of people for their posts!) and I have been trying to map the switch and the connector from the wiring loom.
My Cruiser is an export model and as such it has no fuse 8 (15A) in the inside fuse box but it does have a fuse 21 (20A) under the hood which I have been told is the one for the fog lights. This is fine however.

Can anyone tell me where the fog lights get their power from on this model?

The 20 way connector on the wiring harness seems to use pins 12, 13 and 14 for the fog lights but when I have checked the voltages on the connector pin 13 never has more than HALF a volt on it. Does the multifunction switch actually route power to the fogs internally or should pin 13 have +12V on it?
Pins 11, 18, 19 and 20 are all +12V. pin 3 is +12V when the ignition is on and pin 8 is a maximum 4.5 V.

Please help it's driving me nuts!
2002 PT Cruiser Limited 2.2 CRD Diesel Silver
Old 20 Dec 2010, 03:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rear and Front Fog Lights not working-Help!

David,

Although I lived in West Yorkshire (Harrogate) for 12 years I sure wouldn't want the weather your having now.

Since your wiring is quite a bit different than what we have here in the states, I suggest you pop on over the the United Kingdom site and ask your questions there. A great bunch of folks on that forum and a really great mechanic who goes by the screen name DREDD and is always willing to help out.

Here's the site: UK Cruiser Club :: Index

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.