PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2007 PT Touiring Edition-Engines quits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Dec 2010, 03:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2007 PT Touiring Edition-Engines quits

Hi All,

I have a 2007 PT Cruiser Touring Edition with 70,000 miles and have been experiencing a problem. The engine quits running. It dies when I am driving the car or when the car is idling in park. I found that the #4 fuse (ignition) was blowing, and was replacing them as it happened. It would blow up to three fuses in a row sometimes, then after putting the fourth fuse in, the car would start and be fine, sometimes for weeks, other times for only a day. A mechanic friend wired in an additional fuse/relay and that seemed to help for almost a year but now it is dying again. It seemed that every time the brake was applied, the fuse would blow. But then the mechanic was looking at it and when he shut the passenger door, the fuse blew again. It is not throwing any codes and in the time I've owned it it never has. The vehicle had about 40,000 miles on it when I bought it.

Any advice that might be able to help me focus in on the problem would be greatly appreciated. This one is really stumping everyone who has looked at the car, including two Chrysler trained techs.

Thanks - Todd